PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 PT GT needs A/C line replaced, which one is it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2011, 10:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 PT GT needs A/C line replaced, which one is it?

03 PT/GT has a leak in the a/c system, and its the high pressure line. Where the line goes from a hard line to a rubber line, that crimped fitting/joint is leaking.

When I go to look online for a replacement, I get "Discharge" or "liquid" line. Which one do I need? Im assuming the suction line is the low pressure line.

Thanks!
Clay
Old 11 Jul 2011, 06:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: 03 PT GT needs A/C line replaced, which one is it?

I just put in 2 cans of freon and still no cold air, it worked fine yesterday, I do not see a leak anywhere.
Should I just go to a shop and have them check it out, it just kicks on and off every 2 to 3 seconds, so I have a leak somewhere
mickey1529
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 03 PT GT needs A/C line replaced, which one is it?

If you don't know anything about AC and you don't have a manifold to measure high and low side, take it to a shop.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 20 Jul 2011, 03:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I know enough, have gauges, vacuum pump, etc, and have done plenty with A/C over the years. But to me its all high side or low side, and not suction or discharge. If the stores had these in stock where I could look at it, it wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunatley for me they all have to be ordered in.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Go to the Tech & Performance Forum, last 3 stickies are diagrams of the parts for the PT Cruiser. I looked up my 2006 turbo lines using the parts manual. On the top, looking toward the fire wall.... the liquid line is on the left, suction line is on the right. The liquid line has the charging port to insert freon into the system. Download these as they will be of great value. Thank Crewzin for listing these...
Old 22 Jul 2011, 09:05 am
Cool Cruiser

I have the exact same problem, I feel your pain (98 degrees here yesterday). It'sleaking at the bottom crimp, where rubber crimps to metal. Shop quoted me $300.00 for replacement and recharge.... IF I pay it, this sht better work and freeze my tits off.

2004 PT GT ATX: (Daily Driver) Airbox Mod w/ K&N Filter, Custom Intake Pipe, HKS BOV, Dejon Powerhouse UIP, Mopar Stage 1 PCM, 3 Guage Pillar Pod, Boost Guage, Oil Temp Guage, Air Fuel Ratio w Wideband, Reinforced OEM Motor Mounts, Ceramic Pads, Flameball Shifter (Ivory w/ Red Flame), Kenwood 12" w/ 800w Sony Xplod
Old 28 Jul 2011, 08:34 am
Regular Cruiser

its the low side and yes it can be expensive.I just replace mine..I took it off and took to a compay that does hydralic lines the replaced the rubber hose with new fittings for 51.dollars