Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEW 03GT owner!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2004, 12:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default NEW 03GT owner!!!

I just bought my 1st PT. I bought a white GT 2003. Has 5spd and no opts but a 6disc. I have a real sleeper on my hands, my GT badges are coming off and so are the Turbo badges. It is a base Artic White, NO spoiler, grey painted 17" wheels, and no leather or sunroof. I plan to tint the front windows 35%, and I can get away with a 50% on the windshield.

Anyhow, I just want to upgrade my own exhust and add a stage 1 kit. Any suggestions?[:I] Also, some links would be great.
Items I want to eventually upgrade:

Exhust
Stages 1, 2 and eventually 3
Shift kit
Letoff Valve
Long-Long Term put a Coilover on it and 18"

What am I missing? I probably won't do any visual upgrades on the exterior though (lenses and no chrome at all)

J
Old 03 Jan 2004, 12:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Last I heard, there will be no Stage 3 for the PT. Your car has an odd option list (or lack thereof). Sounds nice.You probably saved a bit of weight without the sunroof and autostick.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 03 Jan 2004, 01:55 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum dwysywd.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 03 Jan 2004, 02:03 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum, dwysywd, and enjoy your new turbo car! [^] You might want to use the forum's search feature to find some good threads about the mods you are thinking about for your new GT. [?]
Old 03 Jan 2004, 04:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

WELCOME! Your exhaust has to be at least 2 1/2", at least from the cat back or even better all the way to the turbo with a hi flow cat. Stage 2 is supposed to be out sometime next year. The Hurst shifter, as far as I know, isn't out yet. You have to decide if you want an aftermarket bov or a Mopar one. You might think about lowering it, sway bars, there is a lot you can do. Just depends how deep your pockets are and if you are married, how long before your wife grounds you from the credit cards and check book. [B)]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 03 Jan 2004, 11:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome and congrats!
Your at the right place - just go to home page here, click on Accessories, and see links to just about everyone who makes anything for the PT. Then, come back and ask before you buy - we won't steer you wrong!
[|)]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Jan 2004, 12:09 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Ditto quicksilverdon.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 05 Jan 2004, 01:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

Welcome to the Forum! I've thought about taking off the badges...but I think the duals might give me away! Enjoy your new ride and the great people here!
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome! If you are going to do the Stage upgrades, just wait for S-2. You will just end up replacing the parts you put on for S-1.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 05 Jan 2004, 08:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ZZCruzr

Welcome to the Forum! I've thought about taking off the badges...but I think the duals might give me away! Enjoy your new ride and the great people here!
Duals won't give you away. A lot of my friends tell me they see tricked out PT's, but they know they are all show and no go. Debadge your GT and you will be no show and all go [8)].

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic