Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
05 Turbo Radiator Installation Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2011, 06:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default 05 Turbo Radiator Installation Experience

I just replaced my leaky radiator in my 05 Turbo Touring Conv. The aftermarket part did not have the removable top neck, so I mounted the fan before installation. After reassembly, I took the car for a test drive. I placed the car on ramps to double check for leaks. I noticed one of the lower mounting bushings (drivers side) was out of place and located it at the bottom of the bumper. I thought it came out when I removed the radiator and didn't notice. I waited for everything to cool, removed the 6 bolts, and placed the bushing into position. After tightening everything, I noticed the bushing pushed back out of place and found itself in the bumper area again. I believe that this was happening by moving the radiator back and forth to allow space for my hands and tools. Instead of removing the bolts again, I was able to push the bushing up from under the bumper and into position. I wish I had a third hand for that one. I just want everyone to know about this experience. You wouldn't want a plastic radiator moving around and potentially hitting other parts in the area.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 06:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 Turbo Radiator Installation Experience

Thanks for sharing that information. I've moved your post to the Turbo part of the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.