Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dual Exhaust Questions.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2004, 10:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Dual Exhaust Questions.....

I know I've brought this up before, but not having dual exhaust is killing me.

I really need to know some facts from people who've done this.

I've got an '04 GT, 600 miles on it.

I plan on getting a CAI and dropping the car a bit.
But to me the duals are very important.
So here are the q's.....

Will this change the performance of the car for the better or worse(turbo backflow issues have been brought up)?
Which one should I get from a performance/reputation standpoint(BTG, Borla, or what)?
Is the 2.5" diameter large enough?
Will the exhaust exit each pipe at a similar rate?
Does it sound like a V8 (ideal) or is it a bit too ricey?
How do I make a cut out for the right side exhaust to sit?
Do I do this myself or take it to a specialty exhaust shop?
Most importantly, where can I see photos of someone's GT with duals.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 01:59 am
Senior Cruiser

top right corner "search"
Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:33 am
Senior Cruiser

amazin,
Q:Will this change the performance of the car for the better or worse(turbo backflow issues have been brought up)? A: Better but without other mods probably not much! Q:Which one should I get from a performance/reputation standpoint(BTG, Borla, or what)? A:Personal Preferances based on looks, name recognition, construction material, warrantee, and sound. I like borla Q: Is the 2.5" diameter large enough? A: Up through stage 3 yes it is big enough Q: Will the exhaust exit each pipe at a similar rate? A: No probably not, I think duals are about 80% cosmetic maybe more!
Q: Does it sound like a V8 (ideal) or is it a bit too ricey? A: No, not like a V8 and no not ricey by most accounts (I dont own one) Q: How do I make a cut out for the right side exhaust to sit?
A: You can do it by using the template which is supplied or buy seperate SS trim pieces. The rear facia cuts easy. Q: Do I do this myself or take it to a specialty exhaust shop? Your choice, how good are U at muffler work?? You cvan easily to the cut out for the second pipe yourself! Q: Most importantly, where can I see photos of someone's GT with duals. A: top right corner "search"

06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 02:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

hehe, Punch. Good point, though.

aa: Why do you want the "duals", for looks or for performance?
Old 19 Jan 2004, 05:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Looks always come first baby!

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 19 Jan 2004, 05:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Just put Mopar / Borla duals and a K&N drop in filter on my 2004 GT. I had BTG duals on my other GT. I like the Mopars better, not noisy just throaty. BTG were a little to loud for me. Should handle S2 ok. I bought the system from Chrysler's Mopar Parts and had my local muffler shop install. Good thing too, they really had to wrestle the stock one off., after all was in place just right I had him spot weld to ensure their staying in place.
[8)]
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 05:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Chili,

Did you notice a power increase?

Do they look better than the BTGs?

Thanks.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 19 Jan 2004, 06:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Amazing;
1) Yes, noticed more power out of the gates. Can't tell a difference between the two systems. Not into the dyno thing , so no numbers. [:I]
2) Both systems look good. []

BTG's are definately louder, didn't like them on long trips. Mopar's are just right for me, guess I'm getting to old. Just cruzin and listening to tunes most the time but, every once in awhile I like to smoke the rice and an un-expecting V8. [|)]
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 10:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

I just installed the Borla / Mopar exhaust. I like the look and the sound, not loud but throaty. Due to the weather in NJ I have not been able to test for power increase.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 01:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

the best way to do your exhaust is at a good cutom exhaust shop. This way it is exactly what you want, and not a cookie cutter brand. Just make sure they know what they are doin'!! I personally like the straight pipe sound and performance, people get scared when i rip it and for some reason no longer want to "play"??