PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
rehash? 03's vs. 04 GTs General GT buying Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jan 2004, 07:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to furious70
Default rehash? 03's vs. 04 GTs General GT buying Q's

New to the forum and these crazy little cars. I was wondering the diffs in 03 to 04 mechanically. It looks like they have upscaled the GT in 04, but mechanically what's diff? Any reason to not own an 03? We found an 03 with autostick that a dealer is ready to get rid of. Only downside is that we have an 03 Liberty and will get our head taken off in the trade. The price they are offering on the 03 GT almost makes up for it though.

Are stage I kits available for 03's?

It appears that many people are able to get around 20mpg in the big city, which would be great. we get about 13-14 with the Libby.

I assume with the traction control these things are plenty sure footed for the wife in bad weather?

thanks
Old 20 Jan 2004, 07:35 pm
Young Cruiser

welcome to the forum furious. i know the 03 horsepower is 215 and the 04 is rated at 220. i dont know if you could really feel a difference though. i know you will get alot of info on this site.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 07:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i had seen that, figured it was more advertising hype than anything. Everything turns to 245 with the stage 1 kit tho, right?

Do you guys run grainger valves on these cars, or is there a way to step up wastegate performance? The PT seemed a little sluggish out of the hole, kind of like a garret TD vs. a mitsu equipped one.
70 sport fury
69 coronet
66 coronet
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

The extra five ponies in the '04 comes from slightly larger fuel injectors and different PCM programming. Stage 1 kits, which include injectors and a PCM, bring both models up to 235 HP. The only other difference is the power seats in the '04's are six-way rather than four.

What is the sticker price and what is their asking price? You should get it around $3-$4K below invoice price. Look up the invoice price on the Internet for that particular model.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum furious70.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome furious70 what other car do you have to go with your name??
Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:56 am
Cool Cruiser

welcome furious
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 21 Jan 2004, 02:13 am
Young Cruiser

hey furious,welcome..
i was in your situation a few weeks ago when i was deciding between an 04 limited ed. platinum series(not many of those in this club,am i right?)and a leftover 03 GT...looking back, that 04 sure was sweet looking with all the trim which i'm shopping for now....
My decision was based on finance ,i saved about 1500 by getting the gt,which i'm spending now on chrome trim....

in other words,i'm a moron..

but i'm still happy with my blue gt(it was the color that did it!)

btw,i think the most important difference between the 03 and 04 gt's.....04 has sirius satelite radio,thats about it...oh and the rear spoiler is standard on the 04
Old 21 Jan 2004, 02:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:dbraveman Posted - 01/21/2004 : 12:13:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....an 04 limited ed. platinum series(not many of those in this club,am i right?)...
Not many but I've got one! Picked it up 12.30.03 and already swapped out the tail lights, fuel filler door, and I'm going in Friday for a BTG cat/back dual exhaust. (hmmm, gonna have to change my sig pic after that!) Will try really hard NOT to impulse buy the BTG strut tower brace and AirAid intake at the same time.

And furious, I think whether you get an 03 or 04 you'll have a hard time wiping the smile off your face for days! I'd think options and color would be more important than model year. Oh yeah, I guess price might come into play somewhere along the line!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

well, the price on the 03 is gettin real good. They have $3500 dealer cash on 03's leftover right now. Lets just say the out the door price is better than an 04 base PT

It's got the options I want, autostick, no leather, cass/cd. Basically we want a more base model with the turbo, like the 03's were.

The biggest problem is taking the hit on the 03 liberty.

sig updated with the garage.
70 sport fury
69 coronet
66 coronet