Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Swaybar parts & mounting help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Rear Swaybar parts & mounting help please

I have the factory rear swaybar + install kit. I remember someone posting that the kit does not include a couple of bolts (and nuts?) to complete the install. I don't want to get halfway through and have to take it off to go get parts. My searchs have not located this thread. Anyone know where it is? Also if there is a thread that actually explains the install I would appreciate this too as the kit has not instructions. I am sure it is pretty straight forward and I do have the manual on CD.

Thanks in advance!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey Cal, here's the link to Gear_heads post shows parts needed and he gives detailed instructions this is what I went off of when I installed my Eibachs, http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=3727

if you need an extra hand installing, let me know, I'll help you.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey thanks Robert. I should have known you would find it. Hey, I bought a set of Mopar duals. They were driving me crazy talking to me from the garage so I took a day off work yesterday and installed them. I am sure they aren't as loud as your 3" setup but I got a good deal from Ant on this board (thanks Ant).

Thanks again.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 21 Jan 2004, 07:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

sweet, I know you wanted the DTM's instead of the duals, but I'm sure your happy. I know what you mean about your mods talking to you, I've taken a day off from work to install mods because I was too impatient to wait for the weekend.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cal Cruzer, are you going to run the stock front bar with the rear factory stock bar of a few years ago? If yes, please let us know how that works as I want to run that setup with stock springs and wheels and performance shocks. Also ever since the Block Party I am really interested in the 2.5" MOPAR/Borla duals! That stage 1 I drove on the strip that day was sooooo nice!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 05:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

SteelBlue, yes I bought the rear bar and install kit from a PTer back east that had never installed it on his. Got it all for about $110 shipped. It was still in the original shipping box. Looking forward to getting it installed. My wife is still unaware of the new exhaust and bar. I wonder if I can convince her that it always had dual exhaust on it when she finally notices?[:I]

I really wasn't expecting a big change with the exhaust but was pleasently surprised by the midrange and upper RPM improvement in the way it pulls. It really does accelerate quicker above about 3500 RPM on up.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come