Regular Cruiser

Default Sat Radio

I thought the Sirius Satellite radio was standard on all GT's.[:I]

I have it but dont need/use/or want it.

There will be a be damn hole where it is[xx(]

I hate that thing Want it off.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 08:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm with you. I'm not going to pay $12.95/month to listen to the radio! If I lived in my car, maybe. With the in-dash 6 disk CD changer I listen to what I want, when I want. Burn my own mixes too. When/if anybody comes up with a clean way to remove/replace the wart on the roof of our little beauties, please let me know!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 08:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

When/if anybody comes up with a clean way to remove/replace the wart on the roof of our little beauties, please let me know!
"Wart on the roof" LOL

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 26 Jan 2004, 08:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wart
Old 26 Jan 2004, 10:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Believe the Satelite radio is/was standard only on the Dream Cruisers (with one free year's subscription). It was an option on I could have had added to my '03 GT, but I prefered the optional 6CD changer that was already installed. Can't imagine needing Sat radio unless you live in the boonies where regular radio won't reach. I agree with M-i-O that the 6-CD changer allows what you want when you want.
03 Inferno Red GT (Jun 03 build), 5-speed, leather, heat, 6CD changer, moonroof; winter wheels and tires for year 'round enjoyment; silencers removed, no other mods because I'm having more than enough fun with the power I have now!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 03:41 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

hehehe, "wart"

Yes, the antenna could have been a little less conspicuous.

I listen to CD's, but it's a PITA carting the stuff back and forth, and I am not hauling/fiddling with my collection. I change them out once in a while.

Regular radio sucks: the quality sucks, the programming sucks, and advertisements really suck. Besides, radio stations cannot, or do not, play what I like.

Sirius is the perfect answer. I pick my mood (usually "Octane" or "Hard Attack") and enjoy. No fuss, no muss. $145/yr for always having killer tunes is definitely worth it to me.

I do not spend that much time in my car, either, but when I do, I want to hear music. Usually, in my 15-minute commute to work with FM, I do not get to hear a single song, just advertisements and chatter. I want my aural caffeine in the morning, dammit! [:0]

My only regret with Sirius is that I should have sold the stock at $4 and bought it back at under $3.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

it did come on the dc2 not the gt ?? at least not mine
Old 27 Jan 2004, 07:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Yes, everything comes on the DC's. The only option is manual or AutoStick. It came with 14 months of Sirius, too.

The only drawback is that, when I turn into the parking lot into work, I really, really wish I could just keep cruisin' and groovin' all day instead.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 06:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree with you about who would pay $12.95 a month for radio w/ commercials and zero veriety. But sirius isn't normal radio and has nothing to do with conventional radio. They have zero commercials a **** load of veriety, music, sports, every game of the NFL,NHL,NBA and news, talk, weather and you can drive anywere w/ crystal clear sound. I drove for six hours one day and I never heard the same song all day long. And who wants to carry around a couple hundered CD's to change constantly because you get tired of the song. I like driving more because of Sirius is in my car and I have even found myself sometimes just sitting in my car listening to the comedy station because I'm laughing my ass off. If you have it already and get a free years service why wouldn't you try it. You would be carzy not to.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 08:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have the free trial and I'm making use of it. So far I'm not impressed enough to be willing to fork over $12 for it. Being a bit of a computer geek I've got a computer dedicated as an MP3 server hooked up to my home theater system. My wife and I have ripped our entire CD collection to MP3, something like 600 CDs. And no, this is NOT a bunch of pirated stuff downloaded off the Internet! I've made so many mix disks from these and I keep many of those, plus many original CDs, in a case stored in the under seat tray. If I load 6 disks and hit the freeway I'll have to stop for gas before I've heard them all so I swap disks while filling up with go juice. As it is, Sirius cuts out if I'm stopped under a bridge, go through a tunnel (not that we have many tunnels in SoCal) or parked in my garage.

I just don't think it's for me, that's all. Hey, if you love it and feel it's worth it, I'll be the last person on earth to tell someone they shouldn't do something! I'm sure some people think I'm a wacko for having an MP3 server at home![]