Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Denso & Screamin' Deamon Coil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2004, 07:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Denso & Screamin' Deamon Coil

Well this weekend I replaced the coil & plugs. The easy way to remove the intake manifold is to remove the 2 bolts on the back bracket and the 5 bolts on the front end and it pops right up. Pulgs and coil were easy to replace. It's runs smoother and no more surges. The true question is does it improve performance? Who knows with out a dyno and pre & post data. And to confound the data even more I did an oil change at the same time. If nothing else the red plug wires look nice. Took about 2 hours, could do it now in 30 min.

Thanks to the folks who answered my "Help Intake Manifold"

Red[8)]
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

What does the Screamin' Demon coil have over the stock coil?

I am replacing the plugs and wires shortly and have not decided if I want to replace the coil yet.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Sparkplugs.com kit works great, I have been trying to keep my foot out of it to see the mpg, but last night had to goose around a idiot with a cell phone dragging his butt in the fast lane and there is most certainly an improvement in the geteeup and again its a little soon but the gas gauge is stuck cause it is not moving like it used to. So rasberrys to you neigh sayers. And the rest of you guys that emailed me that you was doing the same kit, SPEAK UP!
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt