Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
another tire problem...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2004, 02:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default another tire problem...

hey guys, well i have ANOTHER tire problem... a little while back i posted about getting a bubble in my front passenger tire; well now i have another bubble in the REAR passenger tire!!!! This is just getting rediculous, i've had more problems in under 35K on this car than with all the other cars i've had combined.
Old 06 Feb 2004, 03:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

hey guys, well i have ANOTHER tire problem... a little while back i posted about getting a bubble in my front passenger tire; well now i have another bubble in the REAR passenger tire!!!! This is just getting rediculous, i've had more problems in under 35K on this car than with all the other cars i've had combined.
didn't you blow a tire last month?
bubble as in shifted belts?

driving to fast for the speed rating?

warrenty under goodyear?

I have 22K and zero problems so far.

copTzer trade the thing in, get a n srt4 like you really want.
Old 07 Feb 2004, 02:12 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER
...i've had more problems in under 35K on this car than with all the other cars i've had combined.
hehehehehe, in addition to your "'01 RIP", maybe it's you?

I would definitely replace all four tires...I could not run with questionable sneakers.
Old 07 Feb 2004, 12:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

don't blame the car blame the tires goodyear tires are the worst tire. that is dc choice of tire and i have seen problem on every line or car. 300, van, everything
Old 07 Feb 2004, 07:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Well i would imagine that is why they are called "good for a years" , but in my case "good for a half a year"!

My '01 was not written off, it was actually sold for tidy little sum of money, so i don't think it is me for some reason. (yes i know it was a joke)

Yep, i did just blow a tire 1.5 weeks ago on the highway acutaly... yeah it is a bubble in the sidewall that i have. But now that you bring up the speed rating issue, that could be it too!? Companies never do anythign about warranty, unless you wanna go through the headaches and hassles, i experienced that with chrysler already but thanks for the offer. In terms of an SRT-4, that would be sweet but i may just spend a little too much on mods and end up with a plane not a car [8)]

Old 07 Feb 2004, 09:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[:I] Dumb question, but is SRT4 the same as a PT? I have seen the SRT4 term used before, thought maybe it was a "ricer" or something.
Old 07 Feb 2004, 10:49 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

[:I] Dumb question, but is SRT4 the same as a PT? I have seen the SRT4 term used before, thought maybe it was a "ricer" or something.
This is a SRT 4. We share the same engine with some differences. They've taken a Neon and made it a heck of a lot better. Definitely not rice.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Feb 2004, 03:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

We tend to expect too much from an O.E. tire. In the case of the PT, seen as a 4 door commuter vehicle, what do you think Daimler Chrysler will do.

(At this point remember that Der Mothership has mandated removing half the horn mechanism, removing the rear sway bar, and pulling even the cargo net from the finished vehicle.)

The best place for Chrysler to save money is to put the cheapest rag they can buy, and not get slammed; VIOLA, a M&S Goodyear that in tire tests previous owners would not buy. This is common practice in auto manifacture, we just get justifiably angry when we see Mopar Performance put top of the line shoes on the SRT-4.

Please remember: PT owners are not the apple of any Mopar Performance folks eye, that's why we have to scratch and beg for info on whether SRT-4 goodies will cross over![?]