Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
to trade in or not to trade in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2004, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default to trade in or not to trade in

i have a 2003 gt w\ auto..my question is my car is stock except cai, mopar bov, and a hallman mbc.. here's the problem running around 13/14.lbs at the spikes and running between 5-10.lbs on the drop i gt problems ..i installed the mbc friday..i did some test runs to set it, could've swarn i smelt a little buring oil, but didnt see anything.. parked it friday night and left it till late sunday night.. sunday night i back out of the driveway and see a small circle or fresh oil..didnt like it but had to goto work,, then i get on the highway and i hit and wot thru 2nd and 3rd gear..back off the throttle in o.d but the boost gauge was reading about 9/10.lbs so then after a few seconds the check engine goes off..i'm pissed the car is 8 months old with about 14,000 highway miles..now i get to work park it, this morning i back out of the spot see some drops of oil from my car, i open the hood to,check itsee nothing it's 17% and i'm freezing..i shut the hood and it wont lock tight now, i think this is a omen..now anyone else having these problems i run 5/30 synthetic oil and super gas..should i pack it in or tough it out, anyone anyone?????????
Old 16 Feb 2004, 03:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by isthatfuny

i have a 2003 gt w\ auto..my question is my car is stock except cai, mopar bov, and a hallman mbc.. here's the problem running around 13/14.lbs at the spikes and running between 5-10.lbs on the drop i gt problems ..i installed the mbc friday..i did some test runs to set it, could've swarn i smelt a little buring oil, but didnt see anything.. parked it friday night and left it till late sunday night.. sunday night i back out of the driveway and see a small circle or fresh oil..didnt like it but had to goto work,, then i get on the highway and i hit and wot thru 2nd and 3rd gear..back off the throttle in o.d but the boost gauge was reading about 9/10.lbs so then after a few seconds the check engine goes off..i'm pissed the car is 8 months old with about 14,000 highway miles..now i get to work park it, this morning i back out of the spot see some drops of oil from my car, i open the hood to,check it see nothing it's 17% and i'm freezing..i shut the hood and it wont lock tight now, i think this is a omen..now anyone else having these problems i run 5/30 synthetic oil and super gas..should i pack it in or tough it out, anyone anyone?????????
Tough it out! Take your mods off unless you know your dealer won't mind the mods and take it to the dealer and get it fixed. I have read/heard that the hood release cable can get damaged in cold weather. It may be trans fluid not oil, there are some lines that have been known to leak. There are posts on these, so check them out. If you trade it in you will lose you a$$ for sure. Over all, these cars are pretty reliable.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 04:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Not sure about the mods but my hood cable sticks in the cold temps. I use a flat screwdriver at the latch to force the cable back.

You will see the cable connected at the hood latch to a spring, put the screwdriver between the spring and a solid part of the latch and push back toward the drivers side of the car (not to hard).

It only gets stuck when its real cold but I will use some good lube on that cable the next time the temps allow.

You know something, if I didn't like this car so much I just might hate it.

[:I]

Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

I wouldnt say I am a chrystler guy but I would keep the GT unless you have some $ and want to drive a pimp car.. then I would get the new chrystler 300 in year 2005.. man like I said I wouldnt trade my car for almost any car but if you did want to trade it in and you had money get the V8.. ohhh man I would never cheat on my GF but I do dream about this car.. ADAM