Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
mbc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2004, 10:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default mbc

i have been reading for several hours on how and where to hook up a mbc. can anybody tell me the best way. the posts i was reading were old what has been working? who makes a good bc? [:I] i am so lost when it comes to this stuff. i can fix the car in stock form and work on any old stuff too but moding turbos no clue. please help.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 11:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Don't think you'll want an MBC with stage 1. Most have disconnected MBC with stage 1 . If you still want, those old posts with Ian and me are still valid.... I've ben running mine like that since car was around 2500 miles and I'm over 15,000 .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 19 Feb 2004, 11:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

why would i not want it? you are running it between the #2 and wastegate, or before the #2 solenoid?
Old 20 Feb 2004, 02:55 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Why would you not want it??

Well, i'm pretty sure that it has been proven that they do not work well with one another. You are better off either gettin one or another, and since you already have a stage 1, just work with that. Instead of the B/C, you should probably get an exhaust and intake to make FULL use of your stage 1 mod. The stock exhaust is very restrictive due to it's small diameter and muffler. Look into a 2.5" or larger diameter cat back exhaust for the best performance.

I personally chose not to go with stage 1 because i felt it was overpriced and a good boostcontroller offered the same if not better performance and was much more tunable. [^]
Old 20 Feb 2004, 09:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flashbk2

Don't think you'll want an MBC with stage 1. Most have disconnected MBC with stage 1 . If you still want, those old posts with Ian and me are still valid.... I've ben running mine like that since car was around 2500 miles and I'm over 15,000 .
I believe this is old information. There are plenty of srt-4's using mbc with the stage I. Search the srt4forums.com site and you will find that most have come up with solutions to the previous problems they had. It is not just a bolt on mod you have to play around to find the correct setup. Scottmech who is making a down pipe for the PT GT has a dual stage set up that uses s hobbs switch and 2 solenoid vacuum swithing valves so the stock system is used up to certain boost and then the second set up with the mbc kicks in. He is also working on this set up with an ebc. I am going to try the mbc set up soon.
scottmech, cali, exhaustdepot, and many more have information on setting up an mbc.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:28 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 026TB4U

i have not had a problem with my mbc and have a lot more go now I would highly recomend it as it only cost me about 10 bucks.
[8)]
Old 21 Feb 2004, 09:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

You know if you have a single stage MBC working with Stage 1 ,why the hell can't you share the info here ? I admit by no means do I know everthing but at least people like Ian and myself "shared" our working setups with others including how-to and pics ! The reason I didn't go stage 1 is I felt I'm already there or very close with just MBC. Brngrhd I don't mean to misinform you .... I 'm hooked before solenoid 2 I believe , exactly like the old posts state/show. Mine is a simple $50.00 hallman boost controller .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 21 Feb 2004, 09:49 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flashbk2

You know if you have a single stage MBC working with Stage 1 ,why the hell can't you share the info here ? I admit by no means do I know everthing but at least people like Ian and myself "shared" our working setups with others including how-to and pics ! The reason I didn't go stage 1 is I felt I'm already there or very close with just MBC. Brngrhd I don't mean to misinform you .... I 'm hooked before solenoid 2 I believe , exactly like the old posts state/show. Mine is a simple $50.00 hallman boost controller .
RE" Sharing"

Ditto! The more we do it, the cheaper this all becomes for all of us. I think that the MBC that he talking about is sold by a guy on EBAY. It looks ugly, but from all accounts it works as well as anything out there.

Ditto again about the sharing!

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 21 Feb 2004, 02:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

It would not be too hard to actually ask 026TB4U how he hooked up his system before getting upset that he didn't share his info. I also believe he did post his set up on another thread, check his posts.
GEEZ!

You also can go to the srt forums and find out what is working for them, pretty simple. It would be nice if they would come over here and share their experinces with us.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 05:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 026TB4U

my mbc is hooked up to the brown line #2i think with a cmall piece of rubber hose. then i have a brass flared fittingscrewwed into a brass teeon top of the tee is an adjustable bleed (i believe their is a spring and ballinside on the other end of the tee is anotherflared fitting with more rubber hose going to where the brown line originally came off the wastegate i think.and i have already posted this elsewhere if you can hold off for a day i will go to the store (princess auto and get you all the proper size fittings and real namesof the parts. [8)]

p.s. This is probably the third time i have posted this info. not to get mad at yall over it but i find it easier to ASK again than to find it[}]