Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Want Cheap Up Grade for 03 Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2004, 02:24 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Want Cheap Up Grade for 03 Turbo

I would like to know what kind of cheap good easy to do, do it yourselfer I can do to get better proformance for my PT. Right now everything is stock and never worked on this stuff before. I here all kinds of stuff about BOV, Waste Gates, Chips, a few other stuff. What can I get that is not going to void the warrenty and not kill my engine or trans. Also where can I get them and how much should I be paying. Thanks for all your help.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 03:12 am
Young Cruiser

swtnlwpt,welcome to the forum...
mods to air intake or exhaust will not void warranty.
there's a great website for you to look into ptdoityourself.net(i think its down until march 5)
it's got intructions on cheap air intake mods.

i'm sure irpt will jump in and complete my job as far as links..
Old 28 Feb 2004, 10:47 am
Cool Cruiser

go to a scrap yard and grab a rubber intake tube from a early 90s 3.0 chrysler v6, get a 2.5in exhaust coupler, and a K&N filter. Remove your stock air box insert the long end of the intake tube into the turbo up pipe, measure the excess and cut it off. Now install the coupler into the tube and install the K&N onto it. Voila you now have an open air intake, that is almost as effective as the BTG, but you only spent about 100 (CDN)

AC
Old 28 Feb 2004, 03:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

And you can take off the driver side weather stripping on the cowl and that will cool your engine down a little! Buy a 3" tube which replaces the tube from air box to charger. See AMX posts for details.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:28 pm
Young Cruiser

I just installed AMX's 3" intake tube. Piece of cake!! Now we'll see what the difference is.

For you folks who remove the cowl weatherstripping, do you ever drive in the rain?????????????????????
Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Tallman

I just installed AMX's 3" intake tube. Piece of cake!! Now we'll see what the difference is.

For you folks who remove the cowl weatherstripping, do you ever drive in the rain?????????????????????
How much water do you think is getting in with the weather strip removed?

I don't think it will be very much, removing the weather strip is the cheapest and most effective air mod for the price, free.

Old 03 Mar 2004, 07:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

i looked at the engine after driving in the rain no water in there. the air comming out blows water out if you use a pressure washer then i would put it back in. i have washed my car and still no water the over lap of the hood and cowl area is pretty big so i don't think it will be a problem
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:44 am
Cool Cruiser

the rain does not get in as there is a lip there to stop it.

AC
Old 08 Mar 2004, 06:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yes, I drive in the rain and no problem at all not even a little water got inside that toasty warm engine compartment that I could tell!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 08 Mar 2004, 06:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SteelBlueGT

Yes, I drive in the rain and no problem at all not even a little water got inside that toasty warm engine compartment that I could tell!
Sometimes I think too much, but, if it's raining out and you say that no water is getting in there, what would make you think air is gettng in then? If the air is saturated with moisture (when it's raining) and air is getting into the intake, the rain water should go right in with it. Doesn't this sound logical? Am i mssing something? Now it might not be a deluge of water but the air going in has to be very moist at the least.
2004 Black GT, 5-Speed GT. Stage 1, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Booger Bushings, 10mm Magencor Wires, Screamin\' Demon Coil, Chrome Accent Group, Chrome Door Handle Scuffs, Fire Engine Red Brake Calipers, Blane Hood Lift Kit, Chrome Engine Caps, 8-Ball Shift Knob, 8-Ball Valve Stem Caps, 8-Ball Door Lock Pulls, Fuzzy 8-Balls on Rear View Mirror, Joe Boxer 8-Ball Floor Mats, Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector, Airaid Cold Air Intake, AMX1397 Turbo \"Up Pipe\", Mopar Blow Off Valve, Chrome Shorty Antenna, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges.

Edward Cafarella
Long Island, New York

Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.