PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Question...180/215/220hps enter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 11:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt
Default Question...180/215/220hps enter

I am developing a class for a car show originally labeled GT class...then with you crazy 180's..changed it to Turbo Factory PT. My question...what are some common threads that run amongst the turbod cars that I can list for the judges so they can easily tell the difference. Obviously the intake manifold...but is teh chrome exhaust tip there on the PT Lites as well? Any other ideas??
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

I am developing a class for a car show originally labeled GT class...then with you crazy 180's..changed it to Turbo Factory PT. My question...what are some common threads that run amongst the turbod cars that I can list for the judges so they can easily tell the difference. Obviously the intake manifold...but is teh chrome exhaust tip there on the PT Lites as well? Any other ideas??
Easiest for me is the 17" wheels (not easiest in a modded car obviously). I don't think the Special Value Turbos get the chrome tip either. No Autostick or even regular Stick for Lites. Floor mats won't say GT.

That's all I can think of...
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:3BarBoost Posted - 03/02/2004 : 10:07:38 PM

Easiest for me is the 17" wheels (not easiest in a modded car obviously). I don't think the Special Value Turbos get the chrome tip either. No Autostick or even regular Stick for Lites. Floor mats won't say GT.
Right you are although my Lite came with the chrome exhaust tip but I don't know if that's because it's the Platinum Edition, which also comes with the chrome grille inserts & door spears, satin finish shift knob & steering wheel spokes, chrome shift bezel and snazzy Chrysler logo'd rocker panel covers, plus the two tone leather plus suede inserts and truly UGLY "Platinum Edition" emblems on both doors - got rid of those pretty dang fast!. I'm believe you can also get a regular Limited Edition with the 180HP Turbo but without all the Platinum trim.

This probably just confuses the issue for you even more though, doesn't it? Sorry!
Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Shadow-Dot gauge and passenger airbag covers?
Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:21 am
Senior Cruiser

One more thing - the Turbo Lite doesn't have the "2.4L Turbo" emblem in the instrument cluster.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 08:57 am
Cool Cruiser

sakigt,

Other differences:

"Premium Fuel Recommended" sticker inside the fuel door on a GT but not on a Turbo Lite.

Seats are different. Turbo Lites have regular PT seats. GTs have more bolstered seats. GT leather seats have perforated leather inserts too, not the suede inserts of the Limited editions.

Turbo Lites come in Touring and Limited Editions.

If a turbo car has rear drum brakes, it's a Turbo Lite. However, rear discs are an option for Turbo Lites.

For 2004, the "High Output" badge is underneath the "2.4 L Turbo" on the rear hatch for GTs.

All GTs have a dark slate interior. However, it is an option for Touring and Limited editions. The seats will be the litmus test.

Scott

Old 03 Mar 2004, 09:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:

what are some common threads that run amongst the turbod cars
Silly men cant read I am putting the GTs and Turbo Lites together so I need the judges to be able to tell the difference between a factory turbo (180 or 215 or 220) and a n/a. Common threads:
1. Intake Manifold
2. Exhaust?
3. Smooth front bumper?

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 03 Mar 2004, 10:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:

Quote:

what are some common threads that run amongst the turbod cars
Silly men cant read I am putting the GTs and Turbo Lites together so I need the judges to be able to tell the difference between a factory turbo (180 or 215 or 220) and a n/a. Common threads:
1. Intake Manifold
2. Exhaust?
3. Smooth front bumper?
- Larger Lower Front Fascia

I would say the sure-fire way by looking at the car is the intake manifold.Those that have gone with an aftermarket turbo are not going to have the factory setup.
I'm sure decoding the VIN will tell you too, but I'm not sure whjich digit it is, and if all turbos (HO and Lite) have the same engine code in the VIN or not.
I would investigate the VIN Engine code as the best way, Saki.That way the judges can just look at the VIN through the windshield and know for sure without having to raise the hood.

As for the Limited Turbo and the exhaust tip, I stopped and looked at a Cool Vanilla Limited Convertible at a local dealer the other day just to see one up close, and it has the bright exhaust tip same as my GT on it from the factory.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 03 Mar 2004, 11:33 am
Young Cruiser

Intercooler and Battery mount.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

They both have a snail looking thing between the engine and firewall
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1