Advertisements
Attack of the MINI COOPER

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

double post

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

I dont mean to offend the mentally handicapped, just making a point to the MINI owners...

Esp. on other people's boards

Old 15 Jun 2004, 08:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

There is no point to really to go to other people's boards and argue. It doesn't accomplish anything other than create unnecessary animosity with other people who drive a paticular car.

Most of the Mini forums I browse around are normal people with a paticular taste for their cars. To be honest, they are almost like PT forums: They don't have seperate forums that condone street racing and are generally friendly.

Most of the Mini posts I read in regards of the PT is generally friendly, some not so friendly, but everyone has their say. Most the posts I read earlier on this thread were generally friendly on the Mini Cooper S, but lately it's been getting aggrivated with a select few users.

Admin please close this thread, there is no point having people getting upset over their cars.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 08:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It's responses from your own, SAKIGT, that make it a bad place for discussion.

I think we've each learned a few things.

But as stated earlier.

Why compare these two? They are two seperate classes.

the arguement over visability is moot. the height does not = safety.

What's the rollover rate on the PT?

Again, two differant cars, no comparison. One is better and one is not, depending on the comparison.

Which one holds a better resale value?

does any of this matter?

And again, before this thread is locked, it has been a viable and good conversation. I'm sure a few of the more mature users would agree.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just thought i'd pass this experience on since we are on the topic of pt's showing their stuff and surprising the unexpecting.. I was on my home from work this evening and decided to take a different way home which goes out into some more rural areas and has some nice roads that are not so busy.. Anyways on the way i passed this pontiac formula, (newer version). We stayed close to each other both just driving fairly normal until we came to my turn off in which there is a great road that i frequently open up the gt.. The pontiac also turned off and we both hit the gas with him behind me, (only one two lane road) anyways through the turn and onto the straight away, i fully expected him to catch right up to my bumper, but to my surprise and liking i was actually pulling away right up to about 120mph.. We both backed off due to fast upcoming traffic and cruised the rest of the way till our turn offs.. I just bet the guy in the pontiac is saying to himself (what the HELL does that guy in the pt have in that thing?) Just another reason to love my little GT PT...
Old 16 Jun 2004, 12:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

ok since you're talking visibility, why don't you try looking out that porthole you call a rear window and then tell me you have great visibility...

and the pt does not sit much higher than the mini anyway, driving position that is.

in my experience the S is faster than the PT turbo, if we're still arguing about it that means its a drivers race. besides, since the mini s traps higher than the pt turbo, that means it'd win from a roll...and on the freeway. i don't see how you can say that the pt is better on the freeway, esp. with crappy suspension.

and finally maybe the formula did not want to be right behind another car at 120mph...
Old 16 Jun 2004, 01:48 am
Veteran Cruiser

This is really getting old.[:0].....I guess next year when my wife trades in her '01 PT for a Mini we had better get separate bedrooms.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 16 Jun 2004, 08:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Oh please...I posted one thing...To get you guys to stop pushing this thread to the top every day.
Get a life and conduct your own business, on your OWN board...

Old 16 Jun 2004, 09:17 am
Cool Cruiser

While I don't care for the "retarded" joke Saki posted, I do agree with the sentiment. There is no sense arguing with people who ignore all objective evidence from respected publications showing that the PT is faster in a straight line 0-60 than the Mini S.

And that, after all, was the whole point of this thread if you go back to the original post from Rodrun. No one was bashing the Mini S. As a matter of fact, it has been consistently praised throughout this thread by PT owners.

And for the record, the subject is the Mini S, not the JCW, which clearly would beat the PT. If the Mini fans want to keep on bashing the PT in this forum, let them have their fun. We know the truth, and that's what matters.

And finally, for Pete and anyone else who is inclined to go 120 MPH on a country road... please take it easy. Just because a car can go that fast, doesn't mean it should. I applaud the Pontiac owner for showing some restraint.

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser
Old 16 Jun 2004, 09:55 am
Senior Cruiser

I believe that there is a lesson to be learn here. Everyone should have continued posting replys to Rodruns original post. I know, after 10 pages it is hard to know what the original post was about (and there have been a few here who are quick to say "your hijacking my post but I hope one can understand why). When these "newbies" come aboard like they did here, we know what they are up to, to stir the pot and get the replies that were given. Next time something like this happens, just ignore and answere the original post. Fortunately no one got nasty, just sticking up for their ride, but for now lets put this post to rest.