Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Attack of the MINI COOPER

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2004, 01:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Fellows, I have both 2002MINI and 2003GT. I like both cars but the MINI is a better car. Quality wise it is not even close. If you drag race the GT would win. On anything else.........MINI. On long cruise or mountain road. If you see a MINI "S" don't be to quick to jump on him even if you are modded out.
Just my openion, not trying to start new argument.
Old 25 Mar 2004, 04:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

No teeth nashing here, no doubt it will out corner me, but on a long trip I would put my money on the GT. It just has more space. Now you got me wanting to run up the one of the drag strips tonight just hopeing I find a mini. I'm still betting the GT'z 235 plus over the mini s 1.6 L. 163 hp 155 torque will come out on top. Who knows until it happens. Mr.s big mouth has not been at my gas pump at the same time as last. Think I'll put a bounty on his head. Course the Bounty might suck up some of that bloated head.[)]
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 23 Apr 2004, 05:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Here's an interesting response from the Mini's []

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...wforum&forum=1
Old 23 Apr 2004, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

opps, specific thread is:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...&topic=26188&7
Old 23 Apr 2004, 10:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

I am the proud owner of a Potato chip Truck Cruiser GT.

How comical.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 11:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

A Mini-Cooper S with JCW is considered stock? I guess the person on the thread is considering all the options avaiable covered under warranty. I guess we should do a better job writing to DCX that stage 1 & 2 should be under warranty, but being certified for CARB (stage 2) isn't a bad start [].
Old 24 Apr 2004, 12:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the thread, I think I see where the guy got his big head from. You ever meet one of those little guys, you know, a guy that is fully developed but he is just a little guy but he has a bad case of LMS, (little man syndrome), and becuse he has LMS he feels he must prove how macho he is.....
The main subject of the story here was that a, "nice morning, hey thats a cool car" went all wrong cause the mini owner has more ego than horse power, and was to chicken sh*t to back up his mouth. I now have the same feeling for the mini cooper as the meyadda, I want to smoke both of them.
Hey mini'z, you better be modded to the max and have NOS, cause I'm betting the bank GT'z will shut you down. And dont be to sure when one beats you to the curve, you can catch up and go around before the GT is headed for the next turn.
I'll keep my tater truck, If I wanted a mini cooper, I would have strapped a skate board to a 4 X 4 sheet of plywood, there is only one real BMW and that is the 7 Series.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 24 Apr 2004, 12:32 am
Cool Cruiser

On the flip side, couldn't a mini driver accuse PT drivers as having the big man syndrome (BMS)since PT's are bigger than the mini ?
Old 24 Apr 2004, 12:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Are you guys serious??? The PT Cruiser Turbo does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds at best, no? So what's this about beating a MINI? The S goes 0-60 somewhere between 6.9 and 7.4 (depending on which magazine you want to believe). And since you're comparing Chrysler's top Cruiser, shouldn't you compare it with MINI's top Cooper? That would be the JCW which does 0-60 in the low 6's. Where's the comparison?

And as far as curves and road races, the MINI has the highest average speed of any production car in North American in the slalom. Think of a car...the MINI beat it.

Enjoy!
Old 24 Apr 2004, 12:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 4gazm

well found this on the other site and i think this guy has a point!!!![^]

They are taking their top of the line model from Chrysler. Our top of the line model is the Cooper Works. According to Road and Track, the PT Cruiser Turbo does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds and quarter mile in 15.7 seconds. The JCW does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds and the quarter mile in 14.7. According to all the magazines the JCW will beat the PT Cruiser in handling through the slalom by 3mph or more, braking by 10 or more feet, gas mileage by 6 miles per gallon.

If the car is modded, well than that is a different story since we can all mod our cars as far as we want. So stage I this or stage 2 that doesn't mean anything. Stock for stock the JCW has significantly more performance than the PT Cruiser on all factors. The fact that there are a million PT Cruisers out there, make them also loose on the exclusivity side of things. While the Mini had a few glitches in the first year or two of manufacturing, the problems are becoming nearly non-existant. Not bad for a car that was built brand new on a lot of untested parts and platform in 2002. Whereas the PT Cruiser is mostly a conglomeration of parts widely used throughout Chrysler. The only thing it looses to it is on price, whereas the JCW stock is about $3,000 more than the PT Cruiser. About 12% more in price. The PT Cruiser is larger, but most of us bought the Mini because of it's small size. If I wanted a big and roomy car, I would have gotten a Suburban (or to be BMW politically correct and X5). The Mini is holding it's value much better than the PT Cruiser. I only lost about 10% of the purchase price of my MCS after 1 year and 25,000 miles. Much better than the PT Cruiser, which loses at least 33% of it's value. I personally don't like the looks of the PT Cruiser, but to each his own. I think the Mini far exceeds the PT Cruiser GT on numbers alone, everything else is subjective.