Advertisements
Attack of the MINI COOPER

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2004, 10:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Attack of the MINI COOPER

Just though this was funny.
Stopped to gas up the GT, a fellow about my age comes over and says, "nice PT". I thanked him and asked if he had one. Hell no !!
Turns and points to a Mini Cooper, had nice wheels. Then he tells me that he was going to buy a PT and changed his mind and went for ever about the Mini. I asked what changed his mind, I got another long story with the bulk of it being he needed POWER. When I told him he got robbed he really bowed up. I can run circles around you car ! I said, trying not to rile him more but to defend the PT'z, sir if I remember correctly the mini only has around 160 hp., you do not have the displacement or the HP to run circles around my car. Adding that if he even had a MINI S they only go up to somewhere around 200 hp. By now he has a vein popping out on his forehead. He says as he is walking backwards to his car, "dont let me catch you on the street I'll make you feel real bad! I said, sorry I did not mean to make you mad, but if you wait for me to pay for the gas I'll let you attempt to make me feel bad. When I went in to pay for the gas, the lady inside told me she was about to call the cops, that she could hear the guy getting a little loud and though something was wrong. I told her it was no big deal and paid for the gas, but the mini was rolling out the drive as I paid for the gas. He was long gone when I got to the street.
Kid of reminded me of some of those people on American Idol that just know they can sing. I am not sure how he gets his head in that little car.
Old 09 Mar 2004, 11:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

If you really wanted to tick him off, you could've shown him the latest issue of Consumer Reports showing how horrible the Mini is and how much praise they gave the PT!
2004 Black GT, 5-Speed GT. Stage 1, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Booger Bushings, 10mm Magencor Wires, Screamin\' Demon Coil, Chrome Accent Group, Chrome Door Handle Scuffs, Fire Engine Red Brake Calipers, Blane Hood Lift Kit, Chrome Engine Caps, 8-Ball Shift Knob, 8-Ball Valve Stem Caps, 8-Ball Door Lock Pulls, Fuzzy 8-Balls on Rear View Mirror, Joe Boxer 8-Ball Floor Mats, Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector, Airaid Cold Air Intake, AMX1397 Turbo \"Up Pipe\", Mopar Blow Off Valve, Chrome Shorty Antenna, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges.

Edward Cafarella
Long Island, New York

Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 09 Mar 2004, 11:34 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Rodrun, you could have really pissed him off adding, not only is my PT faster, but if I fold my seats down I can fit your Mini in the back of my Cruiser.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 09 Mar 2004, 12:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wew! Lucky for you he left without facing the challenge!!

Old 09 Mar 2004, 12:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quite sure: base mini- 115 HP. Mini S - 163 HP. Mini S with Works package (VERY few of those) 200HP. What the mini does have going for it much less to push around than our PTs, but I always felt they should come in rights and lefts and widths like EEE, like shoes....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Mar 2004, 12:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah could have smoked him in more ways than one. And those are my favorite ones to race. If he is a regular at my filler up spot I'll have him one day. He was one of those guys that really doesnt want to hear what you have to say.
I like mini's but I sure wouldnt buy one for the speed. He would have been easier than the Focus I cooked.
Got my eye on this Honda I see once and a while, this guy has the nastest graphics you have ever seen. He has way to much crap on his car, and he needs to be taken down by a lowly PT.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 09 Mar 2004, 02:36 pm
Young Cruiser

A few weeks ago I encountered a Mini on a curvy mountain highway on the way to work. When he saw me in his mirror he really got on it and the game was afoot! I assume his car was heavily "leaned on" as I had to work really hard to stay with him. I wish I had gotten a chance to talk to him, but I had to turn off for work. It was the most fun I've had in a long time and I keep watching for him so we can play again and maybe compare notes on our toys.
John
2003 GT Silver, factory flames, pinstripes, BTG duals, stage 1, 3 silencers removed, K&N dropin, Suspension Techniques sways, BTG strut brace, 17X8 Sport Edition wheels, Yokohama 245-40 AVS ES100 tires, RED calipers, Hidden Hitch
Old 09 Mar 2004, 08:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Man,I'm still waiting for the opportunity to race one of those little cars. It just hasn't presented itself yet. It's funny too because these guys are about a mile from my house:

http://www.minimodifications.com/

2003 GT - Patriot Blue. Mopar/Borla \"Turbo\" 2.5\" dual exhaust, K&N panel filter, AMX1397 intake pipe, dual guage pod, Autometer Phantom boost and volt guages, shorty antenna, back-up light trim rings, Streamline logo flames & antenna bezel flames(purple/blue color change), airbag flames(chrome), headlight flames, wheel center logos, billet doorlock pulls, racing pedals, Sylvania Silver Star headlight & turn signal bulbs- front & rear, \"super white\" foglight bulbs, \"clear marker\" tail lights, purple washer LEDs, hi-note horn, brushed billet fuel door, body color antenna bezel, cabin air filter.
Old 09 Mar 2004, 08:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Blue Turbo,

From that price list I could not afford a Mini S and all I would want on it. Look at those exhaust and stage kit prices, not to mention the spring and shock prices.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 09 Mar 2004, 09:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

The mini doesn't have as much HP but it is lighter.. The PT will beat it in the 1/4 mile.. What he should have said was I can out corner you or on a curvy road I will beat you.. Then he would have an argument.. But strait away.. PT's are faster than the Turbo VW bug and the supercharged Mini.
ADAM