PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pt Tuners, lend me some knowledge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2013, 08:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pt Tuners, lend me some knowledge

Hey guys.

New to the PT performace world, but not new to general car perfomance.

Most probably would not have seen my intro thread so a quick background; Picked up the car (06 PTGT 5spd) out of state from a wholesaler, has t3/t4 turbo with 38mm ewg setup. Tuning method unknown, although the car seems to deffinetly have enough fuel under boost, hitting about 10.8 on wideband under boost (15psi).

So going through the car I have noted two things.

1. There is a black cable with a serial port connector in the glovebox, with about 3 feet of slack. I have not yet traced this cable.

2. Under the drivers knee bolster, there is another cable w/connector that I found ziptied up. It appears to be a diagnostic port of some kind, and no, its not the vehicle OBD2 diagnostic port.

Just curious if anyone may have any ideas. I will snag some photos tonight and toss them up. Thanks alot in advance!
Old 29 May 2013, 08:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel
Default Re: Pt Tuners, lend me some knowledge

Sounds like the previous owner put some aftermarket stuff in your car, possibly a scan gauge ? Sound like it is tricked some already with 15 lbs of boost. Good luck and welcome to the PT world you have only just begun.
Old 29 May 2013, 09:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_Panel View Post
Sounds like the previous owner put some aftermarket stuff in your car, possibly a scan gauge ? Sound like it is tricked some already with 15 lbs of boost. Good luck and welcome to the PT world you have only just begun.
Thanks.

Yeah I had a friend of mine who was into the SRT4 crowd for a while come and take a look and he also said possibly scan gauge.... He also noted that diablosport tuner became popular right after he exited the scene, and he did not know what to look for if it had one married/divorced and what-have-you.

I also found an MSD Tac-driver under the turbo inlet. So there was a aftermarket tack at some point. Pretty crappily installed too. The box literally pigtail twisted wired together and covered with electrical tape. That will be getting removed and soldered back together with shrink wrap.

I've only had a couple of days and just scratching the surface. I'm sure I'll uncover some more hidden gremlins along the way soon
Old 31 May 2013, 01:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

you should ask the guy you bought it from. he'd probably be happy to tell you all about it. i'm always happy to talk to people that i've sold to.
Old 03 Jun 2013, 03:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
you should ask the guy you bought it from. he'd probably be happy to tell you all about it. i'm always happy to talk to people that i've sold to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_B View Post
Hey guys.

New to the PT performace world, but not new to general car perfomance.

Most probably would not have seen my intro thread so a quick background; Picked up the car (06 PTGT 5spd) out of state from a wholesaler, has t3/t4 turbo with 38mm ewg setup. Tuning method unknown, although the car seems to deffinetly have enough fuel under boost, hitting about 10.8 on wideband under boost (15psi).

I know what you're saying. I'm the same way. Unfortunately I did not purchase from the person that actually performed the mods.

I already managed to break it anyways, haha. Oh well, it's just a toy so no impact on my day-to-day life.

First gear, hit boost, tires break free and then.... silence.

Coasted to a stop and realized the theft deterent is now active. Ya know, that little red blinky light thing. Now here's the kicker, the keyfobs still work and let you gain access to the vehicle. The alarm never goes off. Ignition circuit and fueling circuits are not active. I used to work for Chrylser, and when the vehicle losses programing of the keys, it usually doesn't respond to the fobs. I'm at a loss why this car has had 200 miles put on it, and all of a sudden it just decided it was stolen .

I'm going to try to see if I can use some of my old contacts to get my hands on a starscan (chrysler factory scan tool), and try to reprogram the keys or at least see what codes are in the WCM.

Last edited by Dusty_B; 03 Jun 2013 at 03:37 pm.