Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WRX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2004, 04:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default WRX

I'm thinkin when I win the lotto, I'm going with Sue-baa-roo STI. They got more goodies than you can shake a stick at.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RODRUN

I'm thinkin when I win the lotto, I'm going with Sue-baa-roo STI. They got more goodies than you can shake a stick at.
We have one here at work on loan from Subaru USA. It's a super-fast car, but not cheap, and certainly not very versatile.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 25 Mar 2004, 02:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

Saw one about a month ago on Interstate 95, they are so, so, so nice. I wonder how it stacks up against an evo.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 25 Mar 2004, 08:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

They actually did a comparison somewhere on this internet thing...the Evo ended up winning...but the guy still wouldve bought the STi for some reason...I LOVE the Evo

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 25 Mar 2004, 09:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

They actually did a comparison somewhere on this internet thing...the Evo ended up winning...but the guy still wouldve bought the STi for some reason...I LOVE the Evo
Really? I saw a recent car magazine (Automobile? Motor Trend?) where they also compared STI and EVO, said the STI edged out the EVO - but it was close, and the EVO was a little more civilized.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Mar 2004, 02:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

That's what I keep hearing, the Scoobie is a 'driver's' car where as the Evo is more refined, and forgiving.

AC
Old 26 Mar 2004, 07:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey, Mr. Blonde, I've got a question for you. How wide are your racing stripes and how far apart are they? I am planning on some for my GT covdrtible when it arrives.

don@mrkopy.com
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The subie is a sweet car as is the evo. But the subie is maxed out for that platform... and is way overpriced. Keep the sti, and give me the normal WRX and the difference in money and i will build you a wrx that will blow the doors off the STI.

The evo is much more competitively priced than the STi, and has far more potential as far as tuning goes IMHO, plus a lighter platform. They both come with a nice AWD system, nice race seats, nice rims/rubber, big brakes, etc... If you take the evo, and put a T3-T4 or a dual ball bearing gerrett on it, with a nice I/C, stand-alone or Greddy e-manage, better fuel delivery etc. it will romp; and the best part is that this stuff is being done all over japan so you know what will work out the best. Unfortunately the evo is not available in Canada and the STi is over $50K Canadian...so in the case of Canada, give me the SRT-4!!!
Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:35 am
Cool Cruiser

I think the Sub. will last longer than EVO. A couple of months back in a TURBO mag. I get once in a while, they had a EVO bumpin the big side of 400 hp. Wish I could remember the exact numbers but it was nasty.
I feel the same way about the Suba-roo, give me the cheaper one and I'll do the rest. That two has been done, another story in the same rag.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 28 Mar 2004, 11:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I read in Autoweek that the Evo is a bit of a lurcher in low gears and is hard to live with in stop go settings...

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html