Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Good experience with Chrysler Service!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2004, 11:43 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Good experience with Chrysler Service!!

I'm down here in Naples, FL. and just want to give props to the 5-star service I got from the Chrysler service in town. I brought my DC3 in for some noises under the hood, a slight shift hesitation (autostick), and a rattle in the front driver and passenger windows when they are ½ way down. From the time I pulled up to check-in I was treated with outstanding courtesy and professionalism.
The slight rattle in the windows ended up being a regulator replacement in both windows.
The noise under the hood and the tranny hesitation they couldn't figure out. They had it on the computers for a whole day testing it against another HO GT and said that all the compressions and shift times were exactly where they should be. Even though they didn't find anything, they said that at least it was documented that I brought it in for those reasons.
They also drove me home and picked me up when the car was complete.
The best part about the whole experience was that they installed my Mopar BOV for me! I had to pay the labor of course (1½ hrs), but after hearing the horror stories about warranty service being refused because a customer installed BOV screwed up the turbo, I was extremely relieved to hear that they would install it.
The noise under the hood is gone (replaced by the wonderful "psssshhtt" sound of the BOV). I'm wondering if the sound I was hearing was something with the stock waste gate(?) on the turbo. As far as the hesitation I think I just need to pull the battery cable and re-train the computer. Maybe I'm just being a little hypochondriac with my new car too .
Anyway, great experience, thanks Naples, FL, Chrysler.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 02:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

When you say slight hesitation on the autostick, do you mean when you try to shift it manually? To my experience, it takes a good 1 second before the gears shift (I believe its the PCM making sure your allowed to up/down shift at the current speed).
Old 28 Mar 2004, 04:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT_Boy

When you say slight hesitation on the autostick, do you mean when you try to shift it manually? To my experience, it takes a good 1 second before the gears shift (I believe its the PCM making sure your allowed to up/down shift at the current speed).
No, I leave it in full auto most of the time. Again, I think I'm just being paranoid. This car shifts differently than my last car (98 blazer) and I haven't gotten used to it yet.