Advertisements
Turbo PCV valve hose

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2013, 06:25 am
Young Cruiser

Default Turbo PCV valve hose

I went to replace my PCV valve and split the hose putting it back on. It was hard and brittle. The replacement hose from the dealer is different than the one I took off. I have an 05 GT Convertible with the aluminum intake. The one I took off was a solid hose in a J shape. The one I got is the same size but the middle is plastic with hose at both ends. Has anyone else seen this. I will note that this is the third part # the dealer ordered. The first two were not even close. On the parts catalog page that includes the PCV valve the only other parts are the valve, clamps, and some end cap so I assume this is correct. If it helps my PCV valve is in the front left corner of the valve cover and the hose goes to the middle back of the intake. Just want to verify. Thanks
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Turbo PCV valve hose

Take a piece of the hose to Advance Auto and buy gas line hose of the same size - they sell it by the foot - I used it to insert a catch can in my PCV valve hose and it's been fine for 8 years now....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:34 am
Senior Cruiser

The hard plastic piece is the correct part. It replaces the earlier, all rubber piece and probably lasts longer. I have used the plastic one and I have used the fuel line idea that QSD mentioned, mostly because it was easier to use when I put in an oil catch can and a check valve.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:47 am
Young Cruiser

Great, thanks that's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I may think about the catch can idea in the future. For now I have to install my Stage 1, o2 sensors, mopar BOV and strut tower brace. Almost forgot full energy suspension bushings kit. Lots of things to get done before the snow files.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

what does the catch can look like. the owner of the car only looks under the hood when on the side of road.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridn2 View Post
what does the catch can look like. the owner of the car only looks under the hood when on the side of road.
Very little except to render your wallet with less $.

But if you must run one this is by far one of the best one on the market.

Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can, by Mishimoto
rob342 likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgraves View Post
3/8 (9.5/10mm) emissions vapor or fuel hose will work just fine. Just allow for enough length without kinking the hose.
I use CRP, Gates and Goodyear hoses.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Very little except to render your wallet with less $.

But if you must run one this is by far one of the best one on the market.

Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can, by Mishimoto
doesn't this also lead to a little more maintenance? i mean we had one on a drag car with a dry sump and we were draining it a lot. im just curious. car was a carbed dry sump 9000rpm 331 sbf. friend was a polack though so maybe his setup was the problem. figure you should know the answer. just wondering

Last edited by rob342; 17 Oct 2013 at 11:06 am.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
doesn't this also lead to a little more maintenance? i mean we had one on a drag car with a dry sump and we were draining it a lot. im just curious. car was a carbed dry sump 9000rpm 331 sbf. friend was a *clown* though so maybe his setup was the problem. figure you should know the answer. just wondering
Hmm..... well I am wondering why the crankcase ventilation was even routed into the induction system on a drag engine in the first place? No sense or logical reason for doing that? I have to ask why a Pan Evacuate System was not being used?

IMO catch cans are just engine bay eye candy and really nothing more. It is easy to still measure oil vapor even with them going into the intake fuel charge.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 20 Oct 2013, 10:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridn2 View Post
A catch can condenses oil vapor headed for your intake where it can form a gummy varnish.
There are various types - the one I have is for an air compressor and is about the size of a disposable cigarette lighter, and has a clear "bowl" where you can see the collected oil, and unscrews for emptying.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 20 Oct 2013 at 10:11 am.