Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 turbo overheats and no ac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2013, 07:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 turbo overheats and no ac

OK, I've read ,researched and replaced parts in an attempt to solve a over heating issue.
What I have is a 03 2.4 turbo with a 4 wire fan..
Problem1.was over heating in traffic but OK while driving and ac worked..replaced fan with new , then the fan ran on super low (barley even turning) all the time and would not turn off '
Replaced new fan with another new fan.,this time the fan didn't work at all and then the ac stopped working..I found that the discharge and liquid ac lines had leaks....I have since replaced the ac lines, fan (again),ect sensor,thermostate, recharged ac,

I have checked the plug at the hardness,..I have 12v @the violet/red wire, I have 12v plus at the d/g-orange wire while running . the blue wire reads nothing
I'm thinking since the blue wire is .05 v ref that since it didn't read anything that it may be the cuas.
I guess I'm asking if there is anything I may have over looked that would cause the fan not to work at all..
After replacing the ac lines and charging the system the compressed still cycles on and off .I know these two systems overlap each other and until I get the fan going I may not have ac..
Any input would be helpful , thanks
Old 19 Nov 2013, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 03 turbo overheats and no ac

I'm new to PT problems, but I've picked up on a number of tips concerning the cooling problems. What kind of fan did you replace the OEM with? Aftermarket or Genuine Bosch-Mopar? Got a variable speed fan or a two speed? And as for coolant itself, I've found that there is an air bleeder valve on the system to get all the air out. Just popping the cap on the radiator and filling to the brim won't fill the system. Cars with radiators lower than the uppermost part of the motor's cooling design have this air bleeder, usually on top of the motor. Need to use a length of plastic hose on the bleeder to get the overflow coolant away from the top of the motor.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 08:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: 03 turbo overheats and no ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourimike View Post
Just popping the cap on the radiator and filling to the brim won't fill the system.
That's why alot of people have removed the 'jiggle-valve' from the thermostat & then drilled the hole out with 3/16 drill bit.......Helps with filling & removing air from the system.