Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FACTORY STEREO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2004, 12:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Default FACTORY STEREO

Can anyone tell me which wire is which ?
I want to add a sub woofer BX to the factory head unit. I know the goodies I need to do this but I would like to hook up everything myself. I have installed lots of systems but I never used the factory head unit. I need to know which wire for the trigger(turn on wire for the amp) and the rest for the RCA'S and the like.
Any help and I'll give ya a big thankya...
Old 04 Apr 2004, 09:50 am
Cool Cruiser

http://ptdoityourself.net/pitpass/gu...nnections.html

Old 04 Apr 2004, 09:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Ronrun, as you know there are quite afew talented people on this forum. One of them should be able to give you a helping hand. [?]
Old 04 Apr 2004, 01:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

MX thanks but I could spend that money for the install.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MX-5

03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 04 Apr 2004, 02:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

RODRUN,

If you buy an amplifier that has current sensing on the inputs (RCA or speaker level), you won't need a remote turn-on lead. For example, JL Audio sells amplifiers which have this feature. There are many other manufacturers that have this amp feature.

Tapping into your speaker wires as a signal source is not bad as many think it is. The typical headunit speaker signal is 15-20 volts but low current. If the headunit doesn't produce alternator whine through the speakers now, the amplifier shouldn't also (presuming good grounds, nothing pinched, etc [common sense items]). Did you upgrade your rear factory speakers yet? If you did, did you use the speaker harness adapters? If yes, tap off the adapters for signal to the amp.

Scott
Old 04 Apr 2004, 10:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Rod,

For $17.50, you also get another 600 pages of PT info.
That's less than 1/4 hour labor at the dealer or my shop.

It has already been written, photographed, and posted online.

Old 05 Apr 2004, 11:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RODRUN

MX thanks but I could spend that money for the install.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MX-5

ROD,

The question is, would you trust anyplace that only charged you $17.50 to install something? I woulnd't. If you don't want to spend another 17 bux to learn to do it the right way, try buying your subwoofer through Crutchfield, they provide you with a lot of install help free of chrage (or at least they do for head units).
Old 05 Apr 2004, 01:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think it is time to put that site into the classified section. It doesn't belong in every post that ask a question. Its for sell, put in classified, people will see it.
Old 05 Apr 2004, 02:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Bigdog,

Are you missing the point?
I'm not selling anything.
Every answer to any PT question has already been written and photographed and submitted online.
There's no reason to ask anyone to rewrite what has already been done.
I've been posting links to that site to answer owners questions for nearly 4 years. It's not my choice that they must ask for compensation to pay for the webspace.

When they are gone, there will be no one left with the extensive data they offer.
PT owners will be out of luck.

Don't you see?.... the answer is at ptdiy, and no one here has answered his question.

Why don't you take an afternoon digging through the service manuals to give the answer instead of complaining about the link I gave?

Old 05 Apr 2004, 02:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I see your point but get tired of seeing it in every post. Half the fun for the people here is to work as a group, talk, exchange ideas. And yes, some are bad, some are good. But in the end it is everyones decision to go in whatever direction they decide.