Advertisements
03 Turbo swap Gurus into non turbo

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2014, 11:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 Turbo swap Gurus into non turbo

Hey new guy hear! Looking to swap Turbo engine into non Turbo 2003 PT Cruiser limited Edition! so are we talking plug and play or transmission full wire harness and brain ect. any and all info thanks
Old 04 Mar 2014, 12:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: 03 Turbo swap Gurus into non turbo

Welcome to the forum.

Step 1: sell your pt
Step 2: buy a pt gt

If you want to spend more money and time then continue with your plan. There are sooo many people wanting to do a turbo swap or upgrading there 2.4 N/A. Hardly anyone actually goes through with it. Its really involved. If you really want to go that route, we can help you the best we can. But I would suggest reading some of the countless other threads of people wanting to upgrade.
Old 04 Mar 2014, 07:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Do it! find a totaled pt gt or even a lite if you can find either one. literally strip everything! Then move all the parts from the totaled car to your car. Boom. Done. Your welcome. A thoughts been back in my head as to if something happened to my engine. I'd locate a totaled gt and slowly work on it. You can find a totaled gt for around 2000$. If you do the work yourself your good. That's actually a little less then I bought mine used but if you plan on having someone else do the work. Forget it. You'll be over 5000$ in labor id reckon just swapping everything. So get a gt! you won't regret it
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 04 Mar 2014, 07:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I believe that covered most. Except if you were only thinking the engine to replace a bad motor. Compression ratio is lower. So it would be dog slow without it's turbo. So no go there either.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Mar 2014, 04:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoGT View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Step 1: sell your pt
Step 2: buy a pt gt

If you want to spend more money and time then continue with your plan. There are sooo many people wanting to do a turbo swap or upgrading there 2.4 N/A. Hardly anyone actually goes through with it. Its really involved. If you really want to go that route, we can help you the best we can. But I would suggest reading some of the countless other threads of people wanting to upgrade.
don't have that type of free time on my hands
Old 04 Mar 2014, 04:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Turbo is out the question my next question! what can I do to add more power without pulling engine ect. any after market add on
Old 04 Mar 2014, 04:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The problem with even the turbo pts is that the PCM is the source of most of the real accessible HP gains. Short of some cams aimed at low end torque there's not a lot of stuff to do to these except maybe to nitrous. Not cheap to use. Ask NitroPT he will give the most sound advice for the buck spent. Pm him.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Mar 2014, 04:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Forget this talk of turbos.

For we of the privileged and naturally aspirated elect there is something much better to dream of. And it is invoked by a one word, "Whipple".....and a whole lot of money.

The Whipple supercharger would likely give you the basis for making your NA PT really go. Peak horse power on the NA PT engine is rated at 150 hp at 5400 rpm. With just the bolt-on Whipple, the NA engine is reported to make 240 hp at 6200 rpm. Expensive, but effective if the specs are to be believed. Of course, they don't make these anymore so you would have to likely kill another PT owner and then steal theirs.

Old 04 Mar 2014, 04:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

^^^The above picture is what I may be able to get him if he wants the project. I have access to what appeared to me to be a complete early version released by Whipple that was on a PT NA for a short while in the early 20's.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Mar 2014, 05:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Whipple that was on a PT NA for a short while in the early 20's.
Ok Im confused --it really dont take much but the PT wasnt around in the 20"S-lol

But on a serious note How come they quit making thigs like this Id guess it was a good solid unit did the company go out of busniess???
Closed Thread