Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo engine surging acting like its going to cut off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Mar 2014, 07:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turbo engine surging acting like its going to cut off

I have a 2004 PT cruiser turbo limited edition. I have recently replaced the turbo and numerous censors. Car runs great but when stopped at a stop light it acts like the car is going to cut off. Also sometimes if you get into the turbo hard it makes a popping noise on the right side. The code it is throwing says the turbo is over boosting. I've also replaced the idle control valve. Ideas about why this is happening? Its almost like the car surges and sputters when sitting at a stop sign or light. Ideas? Thanks!
Old 21 Mar 2014, 08:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Turbo engine surging acting like its going to cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplsms9300 View Post
I have a 2004 PT cruiser turbo limited edition. I have recently replaced the turbo and numerous censors. Car runs great but when stopped at a stop light it acts like the car is going to cut off. Also sometimes if you get into the turbo hard it makes a popping noise on the right side. The code it is throwing says the turbo is over boosting. I've also replaced the idle control valve. Ideas about why this is happening? Its almost like the car surges and sputters when sitting at a stop sign or light. Ideas? Thanks!
All these things happened after the turbo was replaced?

A popping noise on the right side when going wide open throttle? Might want to make a video of this noise.
How many pounds of boost are you running?
How many miles on your car?
Check fuel pressure at idle?
How old are spark plugs, plug wires and PCV valve?

Start the car up and jiggle the TPS (throttle position sensor) wires. Might need a TPS repair kit.