Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How lucky was I? (BOV install)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default How lucky was I? (BOV install)

My Chrysler dealer installed my Mopar BOV for me without hesitation. They charged me an hour and a half labor (reasonable I guess). After hearing the horror stories about warranty work refused because of 3rd party BOV installs I happily paid the $140 to keep my warranty intact. Will dealers normally do this?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 09:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Depends on your dealer.
Some are cool with aftermarket, some suck.
First, if they knew what a BOV was, you're ahead of the game. If they look at you funny, then just walk away.
You're just lucky...for now.
I'd recommend against getting Stage kits at your dealer or having them install them...less ammo, what they don't know won't hurt them...or you.
Tommy (tthrift on this forum) can get you Stage 1 if you are interested.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 13 Apr 2004, 10:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

sorry to say you got ripped dude it took them like 1/2 our to do
Old 14 Apr 2004, 12:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Still, at least he got a dealer that knew what a BOV was!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 14 Apr 2004, 03:40 am
Veteran Cruiser

Dealer installed my Stage 1 and were excited to do it. They always kid me when I bring the '01 PT or my '03 GT in for service if I'd gotten any tickets with my GT. I've got a great dealer.[?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 14 Apr 2004, 08:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

What did they charge you to install the Stage 1 kit ??? I'm just about ready to get one and was thinking about the same thing.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 04:27 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GT Kruzr

What did they charge you to install the Stage 1 kit ??? I'm just about ready to get one and was thinking about the same thing.
I was charged $144 with my club discount. Without the discount it was $160. With my '03 I didn't want to do it myself. If there was a problem I wanted my dealer to handle it. As it was I dropped the car off, went to have lunch and 1 1/2 hours later picked up my GT and drove away with a big smile on my face.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Apr 2004, 10:11 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I checked with a small local automotive repair shop who has knowledge and experience installing various types of performance parts. I was quoted a cost of $60 (.7 hours shop time) to install a Mopar BOV on my car.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 11:25 am
Cool Cruiser

I don't know why you think your warranty is intact just because the dealer installed it. Anything goes wrong with your car that can be traced back to the BOV, and it will technically not be covered. Your dealer might choose to (or just be stupid enough to) fix it for free anyhow, but just because a dealer installs a part does not mean it's covered under your warranty
Old 15 Apr 2004, 01:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, if you have ramps do it yourself. It is a plate and 3 screws. You need to get at the bolt along side the oil line from below. A 10mm ratchet is handy an the only tool you really need.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html