Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Probably Selling GT-Advice Requested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2004, 06:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Probably Selling GT-Advice Requested

Due to my personal situation, I will probably be selling my '03 GT. (I'm looking to buy the new Dodge Magnum R/T, so staying in the Chrysler family.) I'm looking for advice on whether to do some mods that I already have in the pipeline, or whether I should leave it as is.

Presently, it only has minor mods - manual boost controller, boost gauge in A-pillar pod, BTG strut tower brace, silencers out of the stock airbox and K&N filter in, APC Gen2 lights with LED bulb, and the MGW GT shift knob.

On the shelf waiting to go in are Stage 1 turbo upgrade, MOPAR BOV, Crane wires, and BTG springs. (I was considering buying Adam's intake system, but haven't ordered that yet.)

Any opinion about whether it'd make any difference in selling price or ease of sale more mod'd or less mod'd?

BTW, per my sig, you will see that I also drive a high hp RX-7. The Magnum will be my dog-hauler (as is my PT) and tow vehicle for the RX-7. I know, sell the RX-7 and keep the PT. Sorry, not for me.

Thanks
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Tough decision. I know on forums that I have read people when selling their Cruisers aren't getting the money back from the mods installed. I guess its if you have the right person looking at the right time. My opinion would be to try and sell the mods sitting on the shelf to recoup some of the money and put it towards something for your new ride. The new Magnum does look good[?]
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

That Stage 1 upgrade is, I believe, tied to your VIN so it can't be used on any other car. I'd install it and at least have some fun with it until you sell.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think tthrift or 3Bar (before he left us) posted the name of the company that is doing the programming for mopar. He thought that they could reprogram the unit...or my memory is totally shot and I just dreamed all of this. Anyone else remember this?
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 21 Apr 2004, 02:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

Tough decision. I know on forums that I have read people when selling their Cruisers aren't getting the money back from the mods installed. I guess its if you have the right person looking at the right time. My opinion would be to try and sell the mods sitting on the shelf to recoup some of the money and put it towards something for your new ride. The new Magnum does look good[?]
People usually want the mods for free. If you can't sell the Stage 1 because it can't be reprogrammed (I heard it could over on the srt4 forum) then install it and use it as a selling point. The rest of the mods I'd sell.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Check out the following links for info about getting stage 1 reprogramed.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=4224

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=5923