PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anti-roll kit/lowering springs purchase.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:40 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Anti-roll kit/lowering springs purchase.

My DC3 is a bute, but I really need to get it a bit lower. I have no experience with lowering kits. I don't want to be rubbin' my chin everywhere I go. Any suggestions as to what to get? Also, how low should I go to make it look good?
Also, what would be the benefits of getting an anti-roll kit as well? ...and what do you recommend...
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Lower your car and to some degree you'll be rubbin' your chin, no way around it. Many here have done a 1.5" front drop and 2" rear drop, which takes some of the rake (tail high stance) out of the car. Others have slammed their cars with 3" drop springs, but you will be making contact with lots of low obstacles if you aren't careful.

In my experience, do yourself a huge favor and add aftermarket shocks to the equation. The stock shocks/struts are simply not up to the task of handling lowering springs. You'll hear a lot of people saying the ride isn't that bad using stock shocks, and I used to be one of them. It took a month for the bouncy ride to get to me and I just added a set of Tokico shocks/struts. Huge improvement in ride quality, handling, etc.

I think it's probably a good idea to go with a matched set of springs and shocks/struts, which brings to mind Eibach and Tokico. You could opt for a full set of coilovers, but the price starts getting pretty high, easily over $1000 for a good set. As for the anti-roll kit, if you're looking to get the best handling you can out of your car then definitely consider doing this. You'll love how the car corners.