Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2003 gt Turbo AC high pressure port

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2014, 08:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2003 gt Turbo AC high pressure port

This is me checking to make sure, that this is right, because, I can barely reach it, and what?, i have to unplug an electrical connection from it? really?

but, Here goes. 2003 PT cruiser Turbo GT. I need to evac the system to recharge it. I have the right parts, i have read the instructions, and it looks like this is where I have to hook the red hose to. Number 7, with the electrical connection is where i am headed for fishing my arm down in to the depths of my PT, with the sharp teeth of neighboring components digging into my arm.

Trying to figure out how to unclip the sensor with limited mobility of my fingers as they are contorted to even get there. Is this right, I cannot find any other connection ports, but I am willing to look more, because this one doesnt look fun.

Old 11 Sep 2014, 10:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 gt Turbo AC high pressure port

I have grey electrical connector off now, but it doesn't look like the hose will attach to what remains. See the white electrical connector. How do I get out that? It has smooth round edges, and right under it there looks like there is something i can turn with a wrench, but it appears to be part of the actual metal pipe. (but i have limited visibility on that spot in my car).

Last edited by knix; 11 Sep 2014 at 10:19 pm. Reason: more pics
Old 11 Sep 2014, 10:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok after looking for pictures of what that item looks like when its out. I have decided that the nut looking thing on the bottom is attached to the white part and not part of the metal tubing as i thought. So I should be able to wrench it out of there, but what worries me now is.

If I wrench it out of there, will there be a port there? or will it just be like an opening into the high pressure metal pipe?

Old 12 Sep 2014, 12:49 am
Cool Cruiser

What your messing with is the high pressure switch, not the high pressure port.

On my 2005 PT turbo Cruiser the high side {AKA liquid line/ condensate line and a few other names I cant think of just now} is located right beside the radiator on the passenger side.

I went and took some pictures with my tablet but its just too big to get it in where I wanted it to be

hopefully this picture will work, its the best of a half dozen I tried to get, you can just see the black cap under the hose with the numbers on it. this is the AC high pressure Schrader valve on my car.

This hose is mounted to the radiator D and runs vertically beside the radiator on the passengers side of the car

The picture did not seem to come to the post but I have it in my gallery

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, but Stupid is forever.

Last edited by KA9VQF; 12 Sep 2014 at 01:00 am. Reason: trying to put in a picture
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for helping, I found your pic. I am at work right now but when I het home I will be right out there. Hoping that my 2003 is plumbed the same way as yours.
Will update my progress
Old 12 Sep 2014, 09:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have followed all the hoses on the high pressure side, the only opening in the pipe is the one with the electrical connector on it.

I found a catalog, that has parts in it,and the 2005 is described differently (see below) which makes me think that the cars have different plumbing components.

VS

Old 13 Sep 2014, 01:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

found out on an vehicle AC forums, from reading, that I should be able to Vacuum out the whole system from the low side port. (since i am not trying to do any diagnosticx)

Going to try this.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 04:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

So how did it go.

Were you able to pull a vacuum and hold it for a few hours?

Did you recharge the system and does it work?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, but Stupid is forever.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was able to vacuum it from the low side port, to 27. but it wouldnt quite hold the vacuum it would set at minus 20.

So I thought what the hay, it will sit at 20, might as well see about charging it.

I started to put it in, and I have a problem with my suction hose, it was weird, it wasn't a hole, it was, like the black hose had become delaminated partially and part was blowing up like a balloon.

Then i stopped filling, and am going to order a new suction hose. The hose I need is the one that runs parallel to the low pressure hose on the top, and goes down and hooks up to the compressor. Will update.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 02:37 am
Young Cruiser

Watching