Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Subwoofer & Sirius Radio Compatibility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to spicy pt

Good question and one I'm looking forward to hearing the answer from our sound system gurus here! I also wanted the JL Audio stealth box, but got the same answer...not compatible with the Sirius setup. So, I'm in the process of a workaround right now (and I do mean RIGHT NOW because the mobile installer is in my garage as I type this)...replacing all speaker components (front and rear) and installing a JL Audio 400w 4-channel amp. May install a sub at a later time...and when I don't have to haul kids around all day - they, unfortunately, do not appreciate mom's stereo volume.

\'03 DreamCruiser #1040, too many interior and exterior chrome accents to list, orange/white underbody neons, SPICY PT 3BL and plate
Old 26 Apr 2004, 07:53 pm
Young Cruiser

My DC2 has the Mopar subwoofer, we had the dealer install it and they never said anything about the Sirius receiver, and all is working fine, so for the DC2 it seems to be no problem, don't now about the DC3 though, maybe the satellite receiver is in a different location than the DC2?
Old 29 Apr 2004, 06:13 pm
Young Cruiser

It's good to know that you had no problem with the DC2, cause the DC3 is pretty much identical.

I talked with parts guys at the dealership this week when we were installing my new Mopar Ground Effects kit, and their manuals don't say anything about incompatibility, either. And, if you have both the sub-woofer and the Sirius Radio installed, and they both still work - then it looks like it's not a problem. Thanks!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/578198
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/DreamWeaver/
Old 01 Jun 2004, 04:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a 2004 GT, w/ factory installed Sirius, and installed the sub-woofer last week. The factory Sirius bracket sits just above the sub-woofer. No interference at all.

Even if the Siruis bracket was different in a DC, I have to belive you could get the metal bracket that holds the sat unit above the sub, as is done in this car. Simple sheet-metal bracket.

Old 08 Jun 2004, 07:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

gpholy -

Did you install the sub yourself - cost of install/ease of install?
Directions came with?
What did you pay and where from -

THX
Craig
'03 Dream Cruiser
\'03 Tangerine Dream Cruiser - Chrome Beltline kit, AMP Billet fuel door, chrome grill kit, H&R Sportline lowering springs, PT-Tuning straight thru exhaust, Hallman boost controller & stage one with Mopar blow off valve kit - 240 hp+