PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Custom turbo on an NA?

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2015, 12:18 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Custom turbo on an NA?

Is it possible to put a custom turbo on a nonturbo pt? I've been thinking about this and am curious if anyone has hard about or seen this done. Thanks guys.

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 11 Jan 2015, 02:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Custom turbo on an NA?

Turbo Charged, you can do a 5psi system about 30 hp gain without to much trouble.
Much more you run into PCM operating the engine at higher levels.

We already know a NA engine can handle 224 (not turbo Charged)and in some cases it has been reported more uses a Whipple Super Charger.

If you are genuinely interested we do complete systems . However you would need an engine rebuild for consideration. No system is installed on an engine that has not been sounded and must be under 100k with updates.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 11 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

PT engine has been swapped into Neons and turbocharged about 10,000 times in every possible combination, and then some that weren't.

www.neons.org • View forum - Forced Induction
Old 11 Jan 2015, 03:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Turbo Charged, you can do a 5psi system about 30 hp gain without to much trouble.
Much more you run into PCM operating the engine at higher levels.

We already know a NA engine can handle 224 (not turbo Charged)and in some cases it has been reported more uses a Whipple Super Charger.

If you are genuinely interested we do complete systems . However you would need an engine rebuild for consideration. No system is installed on an engine that has not been sounded and must be under 100k with updates.
When you say under 100k with updates. What do you mean? And how much are we talking in price?

Old 11 Jan 2015, 04:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownSport View Post
PT engine has been swapped into Neons and turbocharged about 10,000 times in every possible combination, and then some that weren't.

www.neons.org • View forum - Forced Induction
I don't think he meant how many times it has been done *wrong!

Besides he was not asking for what engines were used and for what purpose in a Neon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
When you say under 100k with updates. What do you mean? And how much are we talking in price?
You first need to do a complete check of the engines health.
This means a dry and wet Compression check and also a cylinder down also an analysis of the engine oil.

To do a "proper" custom install of a turn key Daley driven Turbo conversion depends on to many variables for an estimate. If anyone gives you one without the engines health information first they are doing you no favors.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 11 Jan 2015 at 04:20 pm.
Old 11 Jan 2015, 09:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Okay. Thanks. I've always wanted a turbo car. They usually run faster than what I have. I've heard of custom turbo jobs before but on things like Hondas and eclipses. So I was curious. Thanks for all of your info!!!

Old 12 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm
Veteran Cruiser

It doesn't make a d*mn bit of difference what the engine is in.

There's over ten years of experience on those boards, thousands of dragstrip runs, roadracers, rallye racers- even Pikes Peak. They know exactly what they're doing, and are willing to share it without trying to dominate every post. Your post sounded quite arrogant and disrespectful. You would do well to have a percent of a fraction of that experience and knowledge.
:smiley face:
Old 13 Jan 2015, 01:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Whaaaat?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 13 Jan 2015 at 01:37 am.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 01:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownSport View Post
It doesn't make a d*mn bit of difference what the engine is in.

There's over ten years of experience on those boards, thousands of dragstrip runs, roadracers, rallye racers- even Pikes Peak. They know exactly what they're doing, and are willing to share it without trying to dominate every post. Your post sounded quite arrogant and disrespectful. You would do well to have a percent of a fraction of that experience and knowledge.
:smiley face:
I am not dominating this thread? You have something to offer the OP be my guest! You responded with IMO nothing helpful only a comment and opinion. I offered advise and even to help with Turbo conversion?
So this makes me arrogant on my part .......
No not really but some maybe you might think so? My comment is based on years of customers bringing their over "toyed" rides because of problems and after removing many of the so called "go fast goodies" commonly used in groups and followers they leave with a better running vehicle. Naturally they don't report to friends about the money they wasted but most of the time only how well their rides run!

BTW before you go off anymore about what you think I am ( arrogant and disrespectful ) it seems that a friend of mine that is a highly respected Neon racer, builder or as you said quote "There's over ten years of experience on those boards, thousands of drag strip runs, roadracers, rallye racers- even Pikes Peak" agrees with me!
Be glad to three way a call with him anytime and you can discuss your viewpoint on comment I and you made on this thread!

Before you respond you should PM me about who my friend is!

Lastly what makes you the judge what you think I know or don't know? I do not see you engineering parts that go into cars raced in compition events worldwide? Care to guess how many I have?
PM Mike aka Thumper Performance ask him!

I think I used my quota of smilies in this response? LOL

What gets me is this member knows very well my level of knowledge and my response has the smiley with the tongue sticking out which is meant as a Razz not serious comments! Look at my response he is referring my response to. #5

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The fact that you are offering help if this person does this is great. so I don't see anyone else saying they know enough to offer that. Just all the forum responses of who supposedly did this. That's not going to help this thread. Actual help is what this guy will needs. And would be good for others that want to try this in the future. So lets get this back to and about the op like it was.

I'm waiting to see if there is going to be fueling and other issues as this goes, if it happens at all. Hope it does.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 13 Jan 2015 at 01:35 pm. Reason: spelling