PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Found a pt I want, but...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Found a pt I want, but...

Hey, guys I've been looking to buy another pt. Well I found one locally that is an 05 pt gt 5 speed convertible, its a one owner at a small lot nearby. Well I have been on the lookout for a 5 speed pt gt for quite some time and one just lands nearby. Here's the catch. Its got 160,849mi and he wants 7,899 for it! I could find better deals but they are min 300mi away, which I don't care to drive, but don't really want to. I did go look at it in person, on a Sunday so they weren't there. Its in showroom condition but there's no way i'm paying that much for one with that many miles. I called him to make sure it wasn't a typo or something. So my question is, do you think it would be worth it to show up and try to get him back to reality? Or am I wasting my time?

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 01:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Found a pt I want, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy85 View Post
Hey, guys I've been looking to buy another pt. Well I found one locally that is an 05 pt gt 5 speed convertible, its a one owner at a small lot nearby. Well I have been on the lookout for a 5 speed pt gt for quite some time and one just lands nearby. Here's the catch. Its got 160,849mi and he wants 7,899 for it! I could find better deals but they are min 300mi away, which I don't care to drive, but don't really want to. I did go look at it in person, on a Sunday so they weren't there. Its in showroom condition but there's no way i'm paying that much for one with that many miles. I called him to make sure it wasn't a typo or something. So my question is, do you think it would be worth it to show up and try to get him back to reality? Or am I wasting my time?
$5400 is stretching it a ton. Let alone what he is asking. If it had the 118k average milage it would stretch out to only $6100. Now these are the absolute highest numbers I could come up with. I as a dealer couldn't hope to get these numbers myself. A by here pay here finds the right dummy who knows. My guess he will be sitting on it for a while. Being a straight drive is not necessarily a good thing in the market place. So don't let it be known that is a plus for you. Only people who know how to drive one would even consider this. So use that and the millage and low ball it. He is way over any market value out there. So you need to be equally on the other side of that to even get close to a far price. $4500 would be a blessing for him. In my humble opinion. But you will have to start well south of that to have any chance. You probobly wont get there. But hey it's america you offer anything you want. Just do it in a nice way. He may call you down the road.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Jan 2015, 01:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

What is the book value? He probably got it for chump change.

I will tell you, wait him out, manual trans cars generally rot on the lot, especially a convertible in the middle of winter.

I bought my 05 GT conv a few years ago. It was this time of year, had sat on this Chysler dealers lot since being traded in the prior august. But they werent asking a ton of money. It had 11K miles on it, one owner. BooK for Retail at the time was over 13K, Trade was 11400 and Private was like 12400.

I picked it up for 10K$

Keep looking, many PT's for sale

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 28 Jan 2015, 01:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yea I hear you guys. I just standing right along busted pt on this. When I called the guy and asked if the mileage was a typo, he chuckled and said nope. because I had thought they meant 60k which would make sense outta the so called 8k he is asking for it. He said, hey at 60k we would be sitting alot prettier. whatever that means.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 02:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

I seen it listed on cargurus.com and they even said that its wayyyy overpriced. I am pretty knowledgeable about these pt's, so I know what questions to shoot for. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing from him.

Old 28 Jan 2015, 03:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Found one in Jacksonville Il. $6900 49K miles

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Jan 2015, 05:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i wouldnt ever consider it with that many miles to many out there and really 300 miles isnt that far I bought my 2500 Silverado adn had it shipped to me for $300
the guy is nuts but then most small car lots are i looked at a 1999 chevy S10 with 145000 4.3 auto and bald tires the guy said man you dont fine them like this every day
Old 28 Jan 2015, 05:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

looks can be deceiving especially from dealer. They can make anything look showroom clean but internals are different animal. was the timing belt even changed and given the mileage it looks like its time for another change. That is instantly $1200 that you have to pay. This is from experience because I just bought my first PT and didn't realize how much more money it cost to get these repairs. good thing I only paid $2600 for my 04 GT which was in really good condition. so far I had to pay for 1600 in repairs which included timing belt kit, front brakes and rotors. tensioner. I wouldve done some of the repairs but its too cold up here in north
Old 28 Jan 2015, 06:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Glad to see there's one less rape victim out there... If you have money in the bank? spend it on mods ! Rims/tires/paint ... need I say more ?
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Found a pt I want, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy85 View Post
Keep looking!
My 2005 Dream Cruiser GT Auto Convertibe has 100K; and is completely refurbished mechanically and beauty wise - like paint, timing belt, water pump, tensioners, tranny serviced, and new windshield. "Best Stock Plus" at Myrtle Beach last October!
And, I am only asking $7,395....OBO.
They're crazy to want that much.
Around here, even with leather seats, that mileage would bring it down to around $5,500.
72andsunny likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 28 Jan 2015 at 07:37 pm.