question about boost gauge.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NitroPT
  • 1 Post By Cat22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2015, 02:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default question about boost gauge.

I have an Autometer boost gauge in my dream cruiser. When I get into the boost it reads ok, and you can hear the suction of the turbo down by the firewall. (if the radio is off) BUT when you go to WOT, Im reading 10-9lbs of boost and what sounds like a dog whisle thru a straw. (if that makes sense.) But its coming from the gauge.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 03:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: question about boost gauge.

Does it sound like this? But if it is coming from the gauge it may be leaking?

LionPT and PompGTConv like this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes my good sir. But it was a little difficult hearing yours through the tire squeel.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 06:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

ok so I finally got enough time off to mess with this and find out if I have a boost leak. Well, let me show you what I found....

This was just laying on a port on the intake.

This was tucked under the intake just sitting there.

This hose goes to my boost gauge.

This is the line that goes into the intercooler piping.

The hole closest to me is where the rubber hose was laying on it.
The bottom one was just open nothing on it.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the open lines.

Old 14 Feb 2015, 07:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

The hose that goes left in the 1st pic...probably goes to the PVC Valve.
The other one, I'm not sure...I don't have a turbo.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 14 Feb 2015, 07:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

The sun is going down not making it any easier, plus the temp is dropping. Im going to give it another go in the AM. We're expecting snow tomorrow so we will see how it pans out. If anyone can post a pic or explain where the two bigger hoses are going or what they do, it would help me out a ton.

Old 15 Feb 2015, 05:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have fixed most of the loose ends that I found. The only thing that has me caught up at the moment is, the 3/8's line that im holding that runs into two smaller lines up by the firewall/intake area. (the 2nd pic above) Im not exactly sure where it connects to or where its from. If someone could help me, Id really appreciate it. Or at least look at their pt gt and tell me what it leads to.

Old 16 Feb 2015, 02:09 pm
Young Cruiser

I don't know if your 03 PT will be the same as our 05 Limited but on our car that hose goes to a fitting on the boot that is clamped to the turbo inlet.

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 04:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Wow, thanks a ton! This really helps me out. As long as its a turbo model it works. The only thing I found out is that the non turbo model doesn't have this fat hose that brakes off into two.

Old 16 Feb 2015, 05:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

That fix really helped out a ton. Ive got it fixed and runs like a champ now!