Advertisements
Eibach and Blistein compatible??

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By didiersoft
  • 1 Post By didiersoft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2015, 03:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Eibach and Blistein compatible??

Hi All,

It is great to find a site like this one, I own a PT Cruiser 2006 Turbo and I started to put some mods on it basic stuff not too much for now but the idea is to make it great and to my style :P

I am doing changes to the suspension now and installed a lowering kit from Blistein BILSTEIN B14 - PSS Kit from this place:

Bilstein® 47-087187 - Chrysler PT Cruiser 2006 B14 Series PSS Performance Front and Rear Coilover Kit

I would like to install the Eibach sway bars on it but not sure if they are compatible with this suspension i Installed?? What would you recommend??

If you guys recommend any other brand will be ok: mopar??, Hellwig?? ST?? H&R?? etc
I live in Hoffman Estates Illinoins :P

Thanks for the help
Old 15 Feb 2015, 03:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Eibach and Blistein compatible??

It is not a question of compatibility but rather a set up question.

There are many other concerns and question you should be addressing when doing a substantial suspension upgrade.

The biggest question is what am trying to accomplish ?
What concerns am I try to correct.
What specific handling characteristic am I trying to achieve.

These are the basic's.

Any one having used these parts can answer the simple installation questions.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Feb 2015, 06:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your reply Nitro, so if I understand you correctly they are compatible and I should not worry about that but I should worry about the Experience while driving, right??

Well the reason I changed the suspension to a Blistein lowering kit was to get better control and performance while driving on my daily driving, i did not like to be bouncing front and back and from left to right on turns, it is doing much better now but I noticed that on turns some times will roll or slide, so i decided to install the sway bars, from what I know that should fix the issue and make it better...

now what i am not sure is which brand to chose... I like Eibach but have read good things about H&R and HELLWIG, Any advice on that??

Thanks Again
Old 15 Feb 2015, 07:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Any aftermarket sway bar kit for a PT Cruiser will bolt on with any PT Cruiser avalible damper set.

I refer EBach for best adjustability. However currenty with my suspension combination are running the standard H&R.

Your shell offset and type of tires has a lot of effect on what you are discribing as well.

I often see many upgrade thier suspension without thinking about changing tires?

You might also try adjusting tire pressure when you know you will be useing your PT in a ever changing turning condition?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Feb 2015, 08:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

My pt has the EBach setup. Sway bars, springs ect... I like the way it handles compared to my previous pt gt which was stock. But compared to others im not sure the difference.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 11:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks all for your comments, at the end decided to go with Hellwig sway bars and mopar installation kit, i am waiting for the parts to arrive and then take it to the shop for installation, hate to have 0 tools here to work on my car, ALL my stuff is in Mexico

Thanks again
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 09 Apr 2015, 06:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Eibach and Blistein compatible??

Hi, I totally forgot to tell you guys about the results but I've been very busy at works this days... anyways I am very glad I did this, is very noticeable that the sway bar is doing something, I was a little skeptical about it but i can tell you that the confort and performance is amazing compared with the stock suspenssion. So at the end I have the Bilstein PSS14 and Hellwig swaybars and is a good choice.