Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Code P2305 (secondary coil) after timing belt changed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2015, 10:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Code P2305 (secondary coil) after timing belt changed

Hello to all, new member here: 04 2.4 base, automatic with 153,000 and an after T-belt replaced issue. I changed the belt per milage and not due to breakage, kit Incd; belt, pump, tensioner, pully also changed cam seals, both intake seals, plugs, wires, and coolant. After assembly all was fine with no issues nor codes for 90-miles. While driving engine stopped and I located and replaced a blown fuse #13 and was able to get home in limp mode (20mph and rough idle). Test showed a code P2305 (secondary coil). I did locate that the coil had a 1/2" crack (had not noticed crack on initial assembly). Replaced coil (A-Zone) and checked all connections, and compression: 160 Lbs. at lowest cyl.. Initial start was no change to rough idle and same P2305 code. Any assist will be appreciated.
Old 06 Mar 2015, 12:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Code P2305 (secondary coil) after timing belt changed

I would suggest checking your spark plug wires. Make sure they are not shorting to ground.
Also suggest double checking the wire connectors going to the coil. Sometimes they lose contact.
Old 06 Mar 2015, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Code P2305 (secondary coil) after timing belt changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I would suggest checking your spark plug wires. Make sure they are not shorting to ground.
Also suggest double checking the wire connectors going to the coil. Sometimes they lose contact.
And the connectors take a lot of force to seat fully.
Other possibility is you got a new coil that is bad.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles