Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
hey have a few ?s for anyone who'll gimme an answer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2015, 07:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Location: Tulsa,OK. and sometimes Van Buren/Fort Smith, AR when i visit family and friends.
Default hey have a few ?s for anyone who'll gimme an answer

hey so how about this. i was driving last night and my car started making a huge squeal went thru as much as i could checkked all the easier to find vacuum hoses. pin pointed the sound to i belive a hose under the intake manifold. jw if anyone else has dealt with this problem.and will i have to take the manifold off? help, suggestions or straight know how is appreciated. diagrams or pics are cool too. thanks everyone, if this is the wrong place to post. mods please move *TOP HAT*
Old 18 Mar 2015, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: hey have a few ?s for anyone who'll gimme an answer

A squeal is more likely a worn belt than a vacuum hose.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Mar 2015, 08:06 am
Veteran Cruiser

If you post a picture of what you think it is, it would help.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 18 Mar 2015, 08:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

On this hose that is making noise under the intake manifold do you know what that hose is hooked up to?
Old 18 Mar 2015, 04:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Location: Tulsa,OK. and sometimes Van Buren/Fort Smith, AR when i visit family and friends.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS, AND ILL TAKE PICTURES AS SOON AS IM BACK WITH THE CAR. SEEMS SORTA crappy THAT SOMEONE WHO OWNS A SMALL CAR LOT WOULD SELL YOU A VEHICLE THAT ISNT VERY SATISFACTORY THAT THEIR MECHANIC. MY MECHANIC THAT IVE USED FOR YEARS CHECKED IT OUT. THEY THINK IT WAS A GUARD UNDERNEATH HITTING THE BELT BUT THATS ON THE OTHER SIDE FROM WHERE I WAS HEARING . SO IM STILL THINKING IT MAY START UP AGAIN BUT I HOPE IT DOESN'T.

ALSO FOUND OUT THAT I NEED A VALVE COVER GASKET.PROBABLY JUST DO THE TIMING BELT WITH IT. THEN I CAN START THE FUN SPEED UPGRADES. IS THERE A HOW TO ON PUTTING A BLOW OFF VALVE IN ?

Last edited by CREWZIN; 18 Mar 2015 at 04:52 pm. Reason: Family Forum
Old 18 Mar 2015, 04:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I take it that it wasn't squealing when your mechanic checked it over? Did he actually take it out on the open road or just look at it not moving?

I take it you picked up a GT or Turbo Lite if you are looking for instructions for the blow-off valve. Letting us know what year and engine and mileage that you have will help in the future as far as answering your questions.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 08:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes Sir Crewzin, ur correct but i drove it home and didn't have an issue with the squeal either but the belt on it was new so i think it may've very well been that plastic dust guard. i went to my mechanic who has been working on my cars since i was 17, so about 10 years now.very good guy, specializes in european autos so his labor's a tad bit higher but had no trouble finding quite a few issues. haha made me wish i would've went with my initial idea of having him check it out for me before i bought it. reason i didn't was bc my step pops sorta jumped the gun and made a lower offer on it and took the second counter offer.got caught up in the dealinng when i get a chance this evening ill scan the parts list and labor prices. but i get a 25% discount at my parts dealers all are oem or better. just sorta a let down to spend this much on keeping it maintained instead of some hp upgrades and such. but gotta go with it... Have a great morning everyone!

Oh and Crewzin, I have a 04 limited 2.4L turbo. Could i put a CAI and a BOV on it? I'm learning this car as i go. Its the first turbo car i've ever owned. so anything you could tell me would be helpful feel free to IM me if thats easier
Old 19 Mar 2015, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

May I suggest to update your signature to reflect what your year and model PT you own. I think you may be around a while and starting a thread with a problem without others knowing the most basic info then the first question would be "what you are driving".

If it were not for your friendly posting I would not have read down enough through the responses to "finally" see that answer in a question form from other members.

A couple of threads that may interest you? The first is important!
Adding Perfromance PT CRUISER parts

For fun the pictures will get you through it faster then reading all the responses?
Nitro's PT Cruiser

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 19 Mar 2015 at 08:24 am.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 12:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry for the delay on letting everyone know what the squeal was. It was the lower intake gasket . I got tired of dealing with it so I took it to my mechanic and had him go ahead and do A lot of work to it. I had him change all the gaskets and the timing belt as well as the oil, tuneup , ball joints, tie rods. Sway bars. Motor mounts, brakes... So it's like a new car lol. Still gotta start adding parts that'll gimme some hp gains. Anyone know about these performance chips and do they really give u noticeable hp gains and throttle response?
Old 17 Jun 2015, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
Sorry for the delay on letting everyone know what the squeal was. It was the lower intake gasket . I got tired of dealing with it so I took it to my mechanic and had him go ahead and do A lot of work to it. I had him change all the gaskets and the timing belt as well as the oil, tuneup , ball joints, tie rods. Sway bars. Motor mounts, brakes... So it's like a new car lol. Still gotta start adding parts that'll gimme some hp gains. Anyone know about these performance chips and do they really give u noticeable hp gains and throttle response?
Some have reported that they do.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com