Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
n.a to turbo ecu flash and now speedometer issue and p1190 code

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2015, 12:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default n.a to turbo ecu flash and now speedometer issue and p1190 code

I have a n.a pt cruiser that has turbo conversion done on it.. still running the n.a 2.4 motor and i am using the n.a ecu with a pt cruiser turbo tune flashed to it and tuning with a ds intune.

Problem i am facing is i have no speedometer now and i am having issues when i try to disable the p1190 code car starts but dies off right after it has started. there is also no codes related to the VSS either...

The tuner and me have no idea what could be issue..
Old 14 May 2015, 07:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: n.a to turbo ecu flash and now speedometer issue and p1190 code

I would emagine your talking with the one guy on here that could remotely have real world knowledge of this area. So you will get some theories from a few who are well read sort to speak. I have to assume your talking GT turbo not Lite turbo. What Gauge cluster you running and how are you not having Turbo codes without a turbo on the PT? But any way You should go to Nitro and see if he can help. Not that many guys that have a real working knowledge of the PCM on here.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 14 May 2015, 08:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

This is more that you need to talk to Keven about.
If I had to guess you may need to get a 140 MPH speedo pack?
When I talked to Keven I was under the impression that you had changed the speedo pack already?

It may also be that you have a complete PCM flash to a Turbo application which may have speed speed/wheel sensor control for the NA which may be different from a Turbo model?

Maybe try to switch back to NA PCM perimeters just to see if it is in fact PCM related?

You are into a bit of new territory with your project and issues with a PT Cruiser.

Welcome to the world of BETA TESTING.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 14 May 2015, 12:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

After some research last night, i found someone who had a similar issue and the issue with the speedo not working is the speed sensors are different between a turbo model and a n.a model the PPM readings are complete different. So trying to see if kevin can load the correct PPM reading to my tune or if we need to finish logging and then have him load my turbo config into a n.a tune and re flash the ecu that way. Be cause he has me on a complete 03 pt turbo tune. i could buy a sgi-5 speedo converter to make the signal read what ever ppm i need it to but this p1190 code is the biggest issue really, i don't have a tip and once we disable that code completely the car don't want to run. starts but dies right off.
Old 14 May 2015, 12:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Interesting about the VSS. When I bought my 03 turbo, with getrag 5spd manual, the VSS was defective and so there was no working speedo. There was no check engine light until after I was already driving the car home and had gone about 400 Kilometers. That's when the check engine light came on. I'm not sure how long it was pending, or if it was, before the light was triggered.
Old 14 May 2015, 05:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

You must be mtx. Your speedo will be off by a factor of 12 like mine. I asked Kevin if there's the possibility of writing the pt stage 1 tune with na / srt4 vss, but that doesn't seem feasible. I have plans to build a frequency multiplier circuit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 14 May 2015, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinparker445 View Post
You must be mtx. Your speedo will be off by a factor of 12 like mine. I asked Kevin if there's the possibility of writing the pt stage 1 tune with na / srt4 vss, but that doesn't seem feasible. I have plans to build a frequency multiplier circuit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Well i can buy a SGI-5 box and it would allow me to correct the PPM, but there about $80 and yea.. i just don't know anymore.