Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Spark plug replacement, "07 turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2015, 09:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Spark plug replacement, "07 turbo

I'm new here, so first - Hello! I have a 2007 Convertible, Touring 2.4T that I bought in 2009. Lots of fun to drive!

I searched around here for advice on replacing the spark plugs cause I'm used to working on engines where you can see the plugs. Yeah, I'm getting old.

It was a little off-putting to see the posts here with modified plug sockets and such as well as "remove the intake manifold, don't remove it", etc. So I just dug in. I'll keep it short. I was optimistic about getting #2 plug out, but it just wasn't happening. 5 bolts at the front of the upper intake to separate it from the lower and 1 bolt at the rear bracket - I was able to move the upper manifold about 3/8 inch either way, which was plenty to give me clearance for a straight shot at #2 and #3 plugs.

Maybe this is routine, maybe not - but it worked well for me and perhaps it will help someone else. Thanks to all who helped without knowing it!

Tags
intake, manifold, plugs, spark, turbo