Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Map sensor question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2015, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Map sensor question

just got my final tune form my tuner and im running a stock nsrt4 map sensor and i am getting a p0129 code, do i need to upgrade to a 3 bar map form modern performance? i hooked up my matco scan tool and i am reading 15.3 PSI of pressure at the map. Stock map can only handle 14.5 psi... i just have lots of money invested in my build and making sure. The tuner is busy and i didn't wana bother him.
ECU Flashing - Motor Swaps - Automotive Diagnostics
------------------------
Old 11 Jun 2015, 03:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Map sensor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientistdohc View Post
just got my final tune form my tuner and im running a stock nsrt4 map sensor and i am getting a p0129 code, do i need to upgrade to a 3 bar map form modern performance? i hooked up my matco scan tool and i am reading 15.3 PSI of pressure at the map. Stock map can only handle 14.5 psi... i just have lots of money invested in my build and making sure. The tuner is busy and i didn't wana bother him.
modern performance 3 bar description says "Have below 20 psi, and have a stock factory turbo on your 03-05 SRT4? DO NOT READ FURTHER AS THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT BE BENEFICIAL TO YOU."

i would ask my tuner and if they don't know i think i'd find a smarter tuner. THEY would be the one to ask since THEY tuned it, no? did they know you'd be over the sensors limit?
i would ASSume they could come up with something like MAF scaling, but for a MAP application? for a MAF they have a voltage reducer, basically a resistor triangle that makes the MAF read a proportionally lower voltage, effectively keeping the sensor from pegging max voltage. the recalibrated voltage is accounted for accurately via the tune all is well.

for example, i'm making one of these for my ford to tune with my moates quarterhorse D.I.Y. MAF extender/ xtender - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

like scale the stock sensors reading by 90% with resistors, and then account for it with software so it can read 10% higher. you know what i mean? 10% would cover that extra 0.8LB of boost and should only cost you a few for the resistors.

Last edited by rob342; 11 Jun 2015 at 04:32 pm.