PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Can you uninstall a mopar BOV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2004, 09:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde
Default Can you uninstall a mopar BOV

I think i heard someone saying that they voided their warranty by installing a mopar BOV. Can you uninstall it, so when you go to the dealership they wont know that you have had one? Thanks in advance.
Old 13 May 2004, 09:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptgt2point4

I talked to my dealer and did some research on it and the dealer/Chrysler has to prove that the BOV was the cause of the problem that u need to be repaired… think is was under the Mopar part warrantee on...

o here it is from PT-Tuining

No aftermarket part or accessory that is properly installed on your vehicle will entirely void your original vehicle manufacturers warranty. According to the provisions in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act, It is the dealership's responsibility to prove that your modification directly caused or affected the failure you are trying to resolve. With that said, some dealerships are more performance-oriented than others and are more willing to work with customers.

hope this helps and so i dont look like a fool i hope its right [|)]

Tector~
Old 14 May 2004, 01:28 am
Cool Cruiser

It's easy to uninstall, make sure you have a 10mm ratcheting wrench and get the bolts from the underside. I just removed my mopar BOV and installed the Forge BOV last weekend took me 20 minutes to do everything.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 14 May 2004, 03:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Blonde

I think i heard someone saying that they voided their warranty by installing a mopar BOV. Can you uninstall it, so when you go to the dealership they wont know that you have had one? Thanks in advance.
We had a poster here that had his dealership try to tell him his BOV was responsible for problems he was having. It was the HKS version though not the Mopar one, we had a engineer from Mopar that used to visit who remarked that it couldn't have caused any of the problems the guy was having. As the fella quoted above, they have to prove the A/M equipment caused the problem. Many dealers will look for any excuse to deny warranty service, I'd say they are even more likely to try and intimidate you if it's a non-Mopar piece.

As far as uninstalling it yep. All you do is remove the three bolts, remove the plate and gasket, then use the original bolts (I'd get a new gasket) to tighten it back in place. The Mopar BOV is by far the less invasive BOV install. The Forge BOV's look to be about the same.