PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
In addition to the cooling fan on '03 GT....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2015, 03:59 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default In addition to the cooling fan on '03 GT....

What other parts on the '03 PT GT are unique to that year? I read in a thread somewhere on here awhile ago about a few key parts that were '03 specific. Of course now I search and search and can not find where I read this. Can someone tell me what other parts were unique that year? Thank you!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 07:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: In addition to the cooling fan on '03 GT....

I believe it was the only year for that color and the two tone seats with the Tangerine insets. Your center inserts on the wheels have the Tangerine "PT" treatment that go along with that year Dream Cruiser.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 03:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I believe it was the only year for that color and the two tone seats with the Tangerine insets. Your center inserts on the wheels have the Tangerine "PT" treatment that go along with that year Dream Cruiser.
Oh, I know about the Dream Cruiser specific differences, but just '03 Turbo models in general...I know the '03 has a unique cooling fan and had read somewhere on here about a few other unique parts specifically on the '03 Turbo models.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The only thing I can think of at the moment is your fuel injectors. I can't say the exact measurement difference but from 2004 on, the injectors were bigger therefore when someone upgraded to the Stage 1, yours needed the computer upgrade plus larger injectors. From 2004, the Stage 1 only needed the computer.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 03:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
What other parts on the '03 PT GT are unique to that year? I read in a thread somewhere on here awhile ago about a few key parts that were '03 specific. Of course now I search and search and can not find where I read this. Can someone tell me what other parts were unique that year? Thank you!
Quote:
Crewzin the orange color came back in 07.

TangerineDream76 The PCM is supposed to be 03 only as well. 03 didn't have the GT pedals like the o4 had. No high output badge in 03 because the lite did not come out until 04.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Jul 2015, 04:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Crewzin the orange color came back in 07.
I stand corrected. Didn't realize they used that color in for another year, which kind of blows the uniqueness of the 03.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 09:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I stand corrected. Didn't realize they used that color in for another year, which kind of blows the uniqueness of the 03.
Not really. Other than the paint they were not any different than any other of it's year. No special package associated with it what so ever. Its numbers may be more rare though. I have only seen one in real life.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Not really. Other than the paint they were not any different than any other of it's year. No special package associated with it what so ever. Its numbers may be more rare though. I have only seen one in real life.
Is it the exact same paint code?

Old 24 Jul 2015, 11:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So am I correct that THIS is what I was looking for when it comes to the fan assembly?

Old 24 Jul 2015, 11:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yes Sir that's it, had to change mine out last year. Mercedes motor with a four prong plug.