Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Smoke from tail pipe amongst other issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2015, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Smoke from tail pipe amongst other issues

Hey..new to the forum. I bought an 07 gt with about 60 thousand miles about 5 months ago. About a week ago, I went out in the morning to start it and white smoke came pouring out of the exhaust. It eventually went away after a couple minutes of the car warming up. I took it for a drive and noticed when the turbo kicks in, it seems as though there is a hesitation and a slight rattling noise before it goes away and starts running correctly. Also the smoke is coming out of the tailpipe during the hesitation when getting on the gas. Then goes away once the car goes back to running okay again. Within the past couple of days, slight smoke comes out from under the hood when started. Also when driving the car, the oil light flashes during turns then goes back off. By all means, I do not know a whole lot about turbos. Any help or advice where to start would be greatly appreciated.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 10:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Smoke from tail pipe amongst other issues

Pull off the pcv and cop off the hose to the intake. This should relive the smoking. If so replace it. Most likely the guts have fallen out. Make sure you have oil in the pt. the oil sensors do go bad. Probably should change oil frequently. Most prefer synthetic.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2015, 02:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So if that stops the smoking, then the turbo is done correct?
Old 16 Sep 2015, 02:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

NO, if that stops the smoking, it just means you had a defective PCV valve. The turbo should be okay.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.