Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What to do with a low output 2.4T?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2004, 01:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default What to do with a low output 2.4T?

I was doing some research and I'm 90% sure the mopar stage kits wont work. Knowing that the GT autostick and the Touring Edition automatic uses diffrent computers, I doupt that this will work. Maybe the engine tuning would help? But even if the computer is compatible I doupt my mom wants to pay for premium gas.

Yes this is for my moms PT.

Anyways what can one do with this car? I took a look in the airbox and I notice some removable restrictions, so I took those out. Without spending a ton of money, is there any other freebie mods out there?

Also my mom dislikes the turbo cooling and gas mileage. I'm already getting a turbo timer, but what is out there for exhaust and intercooler piping? I figure unrestricting these two things should loosen up some gas mileage. Assuming my mom keeps off of the pedal.
Old 21 May 2004, 01:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

I believe that the stage 1 computer will work. I believe that you will get Mopar's advertised numbers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 21 May 2004, 03:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Stage 1 will work on a turbo lite (180 hp). Your hp will be the same as adding a Stage 1 to a '04 GT, 235 or 240 hp (depending on who you believe). My mpg went up 2 mpg after adding Stage 1 to my '03 GT. I'm running a 2 1/2" Heartthrob catback single flow through exhaust and have Adam's UCP (throttle body to intercooler pipe). As of right now I know of nobody selling a intercooler pipe on the hot side of the intercooler.

This is a pic of Adam's UCP with my HKS bov on it. It is awesome and my GT really pulls harder through the gears now.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 May 2004, 05:41 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The previous posts are correct. The cheapest, best power mod you can make to the Turbo-lite is Stage 1. BUT, it will require the use of premium gas. I don't like using anything but premium in my '03 GT and I certainly would not advise anyone to run anything less than premium with a Stage kit.

You can get a Stage 1 kit for less than the cost of a good after market exhaust and the difference in power will be remarkable. UCP's, free flowing exhausts, less restrictive intakes, etc will help but won't get you Stage 1 power.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 21 May 2004, 01:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hey mean green, does that UCP stay cooler than the stock rubber pipe? I mean does the powder coat help with any thermoprotection?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 21 May 2004, 03:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

But will the S1 computer work on an auto, that is the Q he is asking. I know in the 5spd it doesn't matter, but will it make a difference between auto and autostick?

AC
Old 21 May 2004, 05:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Doesn't Mike-in-Orange have Stage 1 with on his '04 180 hp turbo with automatic? He seems to be a very happy camper with that setup.
Old 21 May 2004, 05:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Check out this thread: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...2C180HP%2Cauto

It apparently works fine.
Old 21 May 2004, 07:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 98 Neon Driver

But will the S1 computer work on an auto, that is the Q he is asking...............

AC
[?] Yes it will [?]
Old 21 May 2004, 08:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

SHWEEET! LOL

I cant wait to see the look on my mom face when she first stomp on the gas with the stage 1 kit! [}][}][}]

Thanks guys!