PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo Hose

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2015, 07:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Turbo Hose

Hey Guys, does anyone have an extra turbo to air box hose for sale? When removing the air box the other day to check my battery grounds, I noticed that it seemed kind of loose at the turbo. I tightened the clamp and it made no difference. Here's what it looks like. This is the piece that was stuck to the turbo. I really need this hose assembly ASAP if any of you can help me out. Thanks. [img=http://s21.postimg.org/ojlbfa4cz/IMG_20151026_084007944.jpg]

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Last edited by chuzz; 26 Oct 2015 at 07:54 am.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 09:06 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Turbo Hose

The Mopar part #on that hose I need is 4891406AD. Called the local dealership and he first told me $94.00. I told him I could order if off Dodge Parts .com for $67.68. He said he'd knock it down to $80.00. I told him no thanks. I'm going to the junkyard to look for one. I can't afford either one at the moment, as much as I'd like to have new as opposed to used. Alternate part # is 04891406AB. Just in case anyone needs it.

Old 26 Oct 2015, 09:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
The Mopar part #on that hose I need is 4891406AD. Called the local dealership and he first told me $94.00. I told him I could order if off Dodge Parts .com for $67.68. He said he'd knock it down to $80.00. I told him no thanks. I'm going to the junkyard to look for one. I can't afford either one at the moment, as much as I'd like to have new as opposed to used. Alternate part # is 04891406AB. Just in case anyone needs it.
Just make sure the used one I'd soft and pliable before you pay for it.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 26 Oct 2015, 11:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Wow, that hose is rotten. I don't think I've ever seen one that bad that wasn't at least thirty to fifty years old.
That is also the reason my son and I haunt the yards for turbo cars and snag extra good hoses, and other parts unique to turbo parts for spares in case of accident or death from old age.
We now have a complete set of hoses and the steel pipes, a spare throttle body, intake manifold ( both piece ), spare turbo unit, air box and charge air cooler, and the unique to 03 only cooling fan.
The parts are out there, you just have to go find them.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 05:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Well, out of the 10 PT's I looked in today, guess how many were turbos? That's right. NONE of them. I've got it jury rigged right now, so will have to look around for a good one. I guess if I don't find one, I'll order a new one off the interweb, but I sure as hell hate to pay that much money for a hose. I grabbed one off an NA engine, but don't see any way to make it work. No way to splice it in without effing something up. I might have to go to Lowes and get a short piece of CPVC of the right diameter and make one. Time will tell.

Old 26 Oct 2015, 05:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
Wow, that hose is rotten. I don't think I've ever seen one that bad that wasn't at least thirty to fifty years old.
That is also the reason my son and I haunt the yards for turbo cars and snag extra good hoses, and other parts unique to turbo parts for spares in case of accident or death from old age.
We now have a complete set of hoses and the steel pipes, a spare throttle body, intake manifold ( both piece ), spare turbo unit, air box and charge air cooler, and the unique to 03 only cooling fan.
The parts are out there, you just have to go find them.
I don't suppose you have one you'd part with, do you. I also need the hose from the back of the intake to the PCV valve. Didn't find one of those either. Seems the turbo parts go quick like a jack rabbit!

Old 26 Oct 2015, 05:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If you can't find a turbo parts car, buy the new hose, it will last longer than you'll ever own the car I think. The hose for the PCV can be made from a length of fuel line the right I'd from your local auto parts store. That's cheap enough.
Sometimes you just can't low buck it, sometimes you can.
Enjoy.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 09:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I don't know about making that PCV hose from fuel line. It has some unique turns in it. I'd have to route the sum beech halfway around the firewall to avoid kinking it. I'll keep looking. I'm pretty ingenious when I'm broke and right now I'm very broke. Can't afford that $68 for the turbo hose at all. Being disabled and on a fixed income SUCKS!

Old 27 Oct 2015, 09:06 am
Senior Cruiser

I might have one that is good on my parts car. If it is good you can have it for the cost of shipping. I will check when it warms up a bit later. It is only 2 degrees here this morning.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 11:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
I might have one that is good on my parts car. If it is good you can have it for the cost of shipping. I will check when it warms up a bit later. It is only 2 degrees here this morning.
That's cold. That's a good deed in your part for Chuzz. That's awesome !

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com