Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Possible Boost leak ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2015, 04:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Possible Boost leak ??

So here is the story.. She is an 03 GT Auto that was updated with stage 1 last year. WOW what a difference that even fixed the flickering headlights when you pushed the brake.. Who would have known the PCM was the cause. I have never been able to completely smooth out her idle thou. i just changed the plugs to copper champions and proper gap with new 8.5 MSD wires. Ive done map sensor , PVC valve all sensors you can think of have been replaced with Mopar ones as had not much luck with aftermarket ones. im leaning to possible a boost leak but have not been able to track it down.... With my UltraGuage the boost PSI reads between 7.98 and 10.01 depending on whether or not you are in Drive or the compressor for AC is on. also RPM'S fluctuate between 650 and 720 in park.. Any idea as the normal operating numbers Aprox?
Thanks In advance
Old 25 Nov 2015, 04:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Possible Boost leak ??

In my experience with the 2.4 turbo motors in a PT and in the neon the motor always has some idle problem. Some motors seem to have it others are just fine.

You could always try swapping the ignition coil, getting your injectors flow tested, seafoam, etc. but I've tried all those to no avail. If its at idle that you have a problem I doubt it is a boost leak. Also try replacing your exhaust parts because those can get clogged up I believe and cause restrictions.