Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Airbox-to-Turbo pipe installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2004, 03:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Airbox-to-Turbo pipe installed

I installed my new intake pipe over the weekend. I know that the seat-of-the-pant dyno isn't the most accurate but the car really seems to pull harder from 3000RPM's up. I built my own from parts I sourced on the internet but if you don't have the inclination to DIY I would strongly recommend talking to one of the guys that is building them for sale. This thing just breaths a lot easier with the restriction out of the intake. Since I already had a Mopar BOV there really wasn't much difference in intake noise, just a little bit more because you here the intake more. Oh, and I am running an Airaid intake.
Old 24 May 2004, 04:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

pics, pics, pics

I know this has been on your to do list for awhile now, so I want to see how it turned out.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 24 May 2004, 05:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey Cal, I just had Adam install his upper charge pipe on my GT. I left my Airforce One intake on however. This thing screams now! I may call it quits now on the engine mods. I go through your neighborhood every day on the 405, maybe I'll see you ought there.[8)]

PS I backed into a post at Adams and broke a stock taillight. Do you know anyone in the area that has a RR they might want to part with?
Old 24 May 2004, 05:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote: Do you know anyone in the area that has a RR they might want to part with?
No but this might be you chance to try something different. I have seen some that look stock but are all red instead of the red/amber. Or you might post for anyone that has changed out their lights for something else. I feel your pain on this. My back hatch has a huge dent in it from where I was backing into my garage and forgot I had the hatch open. I gotta get a whole new hatch. Know anyone that wants to get rid of an Inferno Red back hatch (or just tell me where you live and if you leave your car out at night...LOL!)
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 24 May 2004, 06:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rice_killing_GT

pics, pics, pics

I know this has been on your to do list for awhile now, so I want to see how it turned out.
Dang, I knew I should have taken some pics before I installed it. My car is too hot right now to take it apart. I will have to try to get some pics later. All it is is just a silicone 90 degree elbow that reduces from 3" to 2.5". This attaches to the turbo. Then a 5" piece of 3" dia. aluminum tubing, and then a 3" 45 degree rubber elbow to the Airaid. I wanted a "stock" look so it is all black. It runs like a scared rabbit with this thing on.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 24 May 2004, 06:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

...if you don't have the inclination to DIY I would strongly recommend talking to one of the guys that is building them for sale....
That's exactly what I did just recently. Got the Brand X Turbo-Up Pipe from Jim Barnes (AMX1397), Cooper City, Florida and I'm pleased with it--a well-made, high-quality product. [8D]
BEFORE INSTALLATION:

AFTER INSTALLATION:

AFTER INSTALLATION (with Mopar BOV on lower left):
Old 24 May 2004, 07:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Okay, here are a couple pics.

and
Old 24 May 2004, 08:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

I put a parts source list here if anyone is interested. It was quite easy to do once I found the parts.

well apparently this forum doesn't want you linking to anywhere else so email me if you would like to see the the parts list I put together.

patton001@earthlink.net
Old 25 May 2004, 02:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Hey, they both look good. Gary, what is the blue anodized part in the second pic, to the left of the "dc"? It looks like it's under the TB. I'll have some pics of my set up just as soon as I figure out how to put them in a post[:I]
JPM'sGT
Old 25 May 2004, 02:55 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JPMS GT
...Gary, what is the blue anodized part in the second pic, to the left of the "dc"?
Mopar Blow-Off Valve (BOV). [|)]