PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Syked Handheld on a Turbo Lite, any experience?

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Syked Handheld on a Turbo Lite, any experience?

Hello again! Soo, I recently got into contact with Kevin at Syked ECU Tuning and got some interesting responses on getting a upgrade for my 06 Turbo Lite. I asked about sending an 06 core for him to flash to get stage 1, and was told that instead of doing that I could optionally purchase the Handheld Tuner they have and get the same results without the need of sending my PCM. This sounds great except I haven't seen anyone post about using one on a Turbo Lite and getting the same result as a PCM flash. So my question is, has anyone used this thing? And if so, have they gotten the same performance enhancements compared to the stage one ECU? Thanks!
Old 25 Jan 2016, 12:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Syked Handheld on a Turbo Lite, any experience?

Kevin just came out with those a short time ago. I contacted him about them but then decided I'd gone far enough with my GT. Forum member, NitroPT, is the only one I know that talked about getting one to try out. But that car is a GT too. Still, you might PM him if he doesn't show up.

Also, consider contacting forum member, Myckee, as well. Mike has used both a Stage 1 on a turbo light and has also purchased a PCM or two from Sykes. There's some very sketchy info here on using these on turbo lights. But Mike knows his stuff when it comes to what works and what doesn't.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 06:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

I also talked to Kevin I have a 07 turbo lite blue plate,custome made exhaust 2.5 cat back, bgp up charge pipe, customers modified Cia for srt4 .I am getting tuner comes with stage 1. Also you can do your own tunes or they can install tune for what you want your car to do
Old 25 Jan 2016, 06:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo View Post
I also talked to Kevin I have a 07 turbo lite blue plate,custome made exhaust 2.5 cat back, bgp up charge pipe, customers modified Cia for srt4 .I am getting tuner comes with stage 1. Also you can do your own tunes or they can install tune for what you want your car to do
The tuners don't have the original stage one in them. Many call the upgrades by this designation. The light can be flashed to a GT or Stage 1. I can't be sure all the tuners out there are able to work on the light. Conflicting info there. I know flight systems has flashed a few stage 1s recently. I can say you get the same perfotmrmance out of a light as the GT. PCM flash is the only difference. Motors are identical. Nitro has some experance with ECU programming design. So a good source for info.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Jan 2016, 07:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sykes made this handheld for the pts that are called oddball like the turbo lite ,that dsp might not work for. Belong to Sykes forum been talking for 3 months now this handheld is what will work for my lite. When I get it in next couple of weeks I'll post results I've been turning a lot of hours at work just to buy this specific handheld kinda exited. Going to go to dyno tune once installed to see what it does. Dragged 2016 ford focus s bye a car just the other day with just my light mods.
rockandroller likes this.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 07:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

And yes it is the Mopar stage 1 Sykes made Stade 1 better but. That tune doesn't come with tuner. I am going to see if he can do a 93 Oct tune like dsp it's more aggressive and more boost I belive.
myckee likes this.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 08:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yup, according to Syked, his handheld comes with the Mopar Stage 1 tunes for all turbo PTs. It does not include his improved "syked stage 1" tune.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 08:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hello everyone so with the handheld and software package you can choose to start with the stock file or for the 2004 and 2005 folks we offer the Mopar stage 1 as an option however unless we can get the 06-09 Mopar Ecus to read the calibration file from we don't have it. With the pavkage not only do you get a handheld but you get software that allows you to tune over 700 perimeters inside the ecu from Fuel, Timing, Speed and rev limiters and Tq management and much much more. For more information please email at info@sykedecutuning.com or visit us at Syked Dodge Tuning Software
Old 26 Jan 2016, 10:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykedtuner View Post
however unless we can get the 06-09 Mopar Ecus to read the calibration file from we don't have it.
Soo with my 06 PT how will I get the custom tune if it doesn't come with it, is there an alternate performance tune that comes preloaded into the handheld module or will I have to pay for a separate tune all together?
Old 26 Jan 2016, 11:18 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Yup, according to Syked, his handheld comes with the Mopar Stage 1 tunes for all turbo PTs. It does not include his improved "syked stage 1" tune.
Is the transmission tune included with this?

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.89at 115mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.

Tags
handheld, syked, tune