Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New (to me) 2007 PT no shift from 2nd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Apr 2016, 07:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New (to me) 2007 PT no shift from 2nd

I recently (3 weeks) purchased this 2007 touring turbo, used, with 117k on the clock. Took my OBD scantool with me when I test drove it. No codes. Ran great. A few clunks from the suspension which have since been remedied. Now, I'm getting a no shift from second. Codes were P0700 and P0884. I've read various threads on several forums (here included) suggesting a multitude of possible causes. I have replaced both the input and output speed sensors, cleaned the terminals from the solenoid pack, cleaned the battery terminals as well as replacing the negative terminal, cleaned and inspected the TIPM for any obvious signs of corrosion, cleaned the trans pigtail at the battery box, all to no avail. I will say that each time I disconnected the battery, it would shift and run fine for one "cycle" but would fault on the next startup. Another symptom was in the dash; when it faulted all the "gears" (P, N, R, D) were sleceted (circled) on the led display. I'll attempt to take it to the dealer soon, however, before I start throwing more money at it, does aneone have any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 08:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New (to me) 2007 PT no shift from 2nd

I would suggest checking the Transmission Control Module power supply circuit to direct battery for broken or high resistance wire.

If that is okay then check the continuity from the Transmission Control Module power supply circuit to the ignition switch.

If that is okay check to see if the Transmission Control Module power ground circuit is open or the connector is loose.

If that is okay check the Transmission Control Module.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: New (to me) 2007 PT no shift from 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I would suggest checking the Transmission Control Module power supply circuit to direct battery for broken or high resistance wire.

If that is okay then check the continuity from the Transmission Control Module power supply circuit to the ignition switch.

If that is okay check to see if the Transmission Control Module power ground circuit is open or the connector is loose.

If that is okay check the Transmission Control Module.
Thanks for the quick response. This seems to be a common issue with these, no? Just typing in "Chrysler P0700 P0882" brought up a plethora of PT cruiser questions. Was this as big an issue on other similar applications? Neon, Caliber, Stratus, etc.?