Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gtech runs for my turbo lite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2004, 06:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Gtech runs for my turbo lite

Got a 04 Plat Series PT a bit ago and just went over 1200 miles so i desided to see what it would do stock. Left it in D3 and brake torqued to 1700rpm. Did just 1 run and got a 7.81 0-60 and 16.19 1/4 at 86mph. That was with with full interior. It was like 87 degrees out at 9:30 pm (god help florida) and I had just driven back to orlando from north of Jacksonville so the car had been doing 80mph for the last 2hrs right before i tried it. So for a hot turbo and hot air stock thats not to bad. Now before you all go Gtech this and Gtech that I have run the Gtech at the track on an Audi I had and while the trap speed was high on the Gtech the time was actually .7 sec slower on the gtech compared to my slip. So it is fairly good assesment of times. Want to get the series 1 and see what it will do then. I'll have to get to the track one night (live right down the street so shame on me) and i'll let ya know.
Old 02 Jun 2004, 03:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Nuke, I've got the same Platinum Series Turbo Lite car you do (color may vary!). Stage 1 is a kick in butt, especially on this thing because your HP boost is so huge! It's like getting a whole new car for $350! I highly recommend it.[8)]
Old 02 Jun 2004, 06:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah i want the stage 1 but have heard varying things about warranty issues. I havean extended warranty and don't wanna f with it. If i do it I will have it dealer installed but i heard even then it might not be covered. Mines black by the way.
Oh by the way do you know how many Plat series cruisers are being made?
2004 Platnium Ltd Ed. Turbo. Stage 1, 06 composite intake, Voodoo III MBC, Custom axle back straight pipe, Spectre ABTT, Magstar Race wires, K&N filter,Springtech 2\" drop, Silencers removed, iridium plugs. Best ET 14.224 @ 97.6 on street tires
Old 02 Jun 2004, 09:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So far nuke, it's been reliable. Only the PCM. You don't even need to replace the injectors. Hard to mess that up.
It's a good investment, esp on a turbo lite. Think about it, 350 for the 220 hp, vs. shelling out another 5 grand for a GT.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html