Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Funny (now), but typical for me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2004, 03:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Funny (now), but typical for me

I tried installing Adam's UCP last night, but got tired after a while (long day), so decided to reinstall the stock UCP. For some reason I seated the intercooler side first. I put the grommet in the upper part of the pipe and started to nurse the sensor back into the grommet. Pop!...went the grommet, which I heard bounce down the length of the UCP. I pulled out the UCP, desperately hoping (to no avail) that thr grommet was still in the pipe. No grommet. I figure it must have gone into the intercooler outlet. So, in search of a 3 cent grommet, I had to remove the nose of my car, unbolt the lower radiator mounting bracket and unbolt and remove the intercooler. Found the grommet (had to turn the damn intercooler upside down)and then bolted everything back together. Well after the teardown, I was depressed as after 4 hours, my car looked exactly the same as it did before I started. Only perk was that I reset the PCM after having the battery unplugged so long.
Seems whenever I start one project, it turns into a PROJECT.
Figure I'll take another try at the pipe, or at least install the intake pipe.
Fun[^]
Old 05 Jun 2004, 05:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

Seems whenever I start one project, it turns into a PROJECT.
Figure I'll take another try at the pipe, or at least install the intake pipe.
Fun[^]
I can relate to that big time. No matter what, big project!!
Old 05 Jun 2004, 09:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

PTGT Redman, it was good talking to you briefly on the phone the other night....I didn't realize you'd been having THAT much of an ordeal at the time. Trust me, once you do get Adam's kit installed you'll love it. Looks good, sounds good, goes good.
Old 05 Jun 2004, 09:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I am part of thar club.

When I installed my Stage 1 last year, everyone was saying that it took them 45 minutes including the Injector swap. It took me 5 hours!!! The gasket had glued itself to both manifold halves, I had to scrape that thing out with a single edge knife VERY CAEFULLY for the pieces not to go into the engine head (I placed rags in all the holes but you never know) [xx(]

Trust me, I feel your pain.[^]
Old 05 Jun 2004, 10:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Doc... you'll never be alone in this club, lol ! Like Mike said you'll love it when installed , but I even called Adam when installing mine...don't feel bad !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 05 Jun 2004, 10:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

I feel the same way. Seems like I'm always droping things and
they never go where they are easy to get to or even find.I
think it's one hell of a big club.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 06 Jun 2004, 11:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

There was still a 10mm socket somewhere in my engine bay rattling around until it finally fell out on the road somewhere.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 06 Jun 2004, 11:45 am
Regular Cruiser

now to steal this thred....how is the paint job holding up on the btg strut bar,...mine's all scratchted too.
steve[:I]
Old 06 Jun 2004, 12:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Never fails, Bike or Car, it all turns into a project. Lost items in the PT are the worst though. I just have to find them or I would not trust the car, man parts can end up anywhere in that engine bay.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 06 Jun 2004, 02:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

How the heck did you get the nose off of the car? I tried to figure it out for hours one day, to no avail. I have a shop manual it it was no help. They made it sound like it would practically fall off.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come