PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GT's the unofficial SRT-4 for Chrysler???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2004, 09:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default GT's the unofficial SRT-4 for Chrysler???

I been reading alot of upcomming auto magazines on the Chrysler SRT-6, and now the upcomming SRT-8 (Super dooper 300C).

I keep thinking in my mind that the PT GT's weren't named/and modded to be SRT-4's because of the GT's comming out before Chrysler went crazy over supercharging/facelifting their current line-ups.

On the other hand, I get this little void in my head saying, "Chrysler denies the existence of a PT Cruiser. There will be no such SRT for the PT."

I'm just wondering what other GT owners are thinking at the current moment.

P.S. Yes, I do realize the GT has a few more bells and a nice nffty engine.
Old 07 Jun 2004, 09:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

I thought the SRT-8 was the Dodge Magnum [:I] Cant quite remember where I heard that from, maybe Car and Driver.
Old 08 Jun 2004, 02:26 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

They should also make an SRT-8 Dakota with the Hemi in it. I did read somewhere that an SRT-8 would be a Magnum, not the 300C. I think the reason the GT is the GT is because it is a higher class of vehicle than a Street Racing Technology -(insert # of cylinders here)trim level vehicle. But, they will use it in the Crossfire as an SRT-6 because Kompressor is already taken by Mercedes. That, and there is no Dodge version of the Crossfire to have an affordable fast version of it. Like the Neons and LX platform cars (300 and Magnum). I personally think they should make a performance trim package for all Chryslers with the GT name plate. Like the new Sebrings coming with the 2.4 Turbo should be GT's, not Sebring SRT-4. Or a 300 GT, or why not a Town and Country GT. I'm not bitter. I just figure, I paid a heck of a lot of money for my car, I don't want it confused with the Neon.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 19 Sep 2004, 11:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

TOPIC RESSURECTION! HAHA
Did anyone else catch the article in SSC about the Crossfire SRT-6? I had no idea that it made that much power! Crazy.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 11:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I will tell you what I like all the extra stuff the PT/GT's have.

But they are definatly the closest vehichle to a SRT-4.

Engine,Turbo,Brakes.The upper and lower engine mounts are even the same along with the same front subframe.

I had thought about getting a different make car.
But deciced on the PT/GT because I new that everything I did on the SRT would just fall into place on the PT/GT.

To me Chrysler can call them (the SRT's) what they want.
But if the same drive train and surronding componants are in place on agiven model as the SRT models I would say you have the same vehichle.

You know what I would of liked to seen was a PT/RT Cruiser with some more HP and a handling package.
Not to say that the GT don't have enough of both now but more is always better in this case.To me anyway.

Here is just a note:You know how when you buy a vehichle sometimes you get a survey in the mail asking what you like or don't like about the vehicle.

I ALWAYS say I want more HorsePower.
I feel with the SRT's and the PT/GT's that one of the car manufacturers FINNALY listened to me anyway.

This is just my oppinion.I myself think Chrysler is comming out with some cool products though.[?]

George
Well maybe.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:26 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hoopdiewagon

I thought the SRT-8 was the Dodge Magnum [:I] Cant quite remember where I heard that from, maybe Car and Driver.
SRT-8's gonna be the 300C with the 6L 425hp V-8
Check the Chrysler website:
http://www.chrysler.com/300/300c.htm...dex&type=promo

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

man, I want that car....[}]

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 20 Sep 2004, 04:32 am
Cool Cruiser

My old topics revived heh.

As of now, I pretty much accepted that my getrac 5-Speed can't really match the SRT-4's tranny. Maybe some small improvements like suspension and motor mounts are probably the best for the 5-Speed GT's. I've taken my PT out to the track and 2.4 sec 60' is roughly the point to avoid wheel hop for the getracs. Other than that, I'm still trying to find ways to get my 5-Speed into the high 14's without Stage 1, but the best mod is to drive better [].
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:48 am
Cool Cruiser

PTGT_Boy,

At our power levels at least through Stage one you can control wheel-hop by just replacing the upper motor-mount with a "firm" poly-filled mount. I still spin my tires in first and second gear but no more hop for me.

Also a $50 dollar MBC will easily get you into the 14's

Deen
Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT_Boy

My old topics revived heh.

As of now, I pretty much accepted that my getrac 5-Speed can't really match the SRT-4's tranny. Maybe some small improvements like suspension and motor mounts are probably the best for the 5-Speed GT's. I've taken my PT out to the track and 2.4 sec 60' is roughly the point to avoid wheel hop for the getracs. Other than that, I'm still trying to find ways to get my 5-Speed into the high 14's without Stage 1, but the best mod is to drive better [].
Wheel hop is more a funtion of tire/suspension/motor mounts than is has to do with the trans. Wheel hop will beat the tranny up but it won't cause it.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come